With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future...
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
This position is responsible for a wide range of duties that support the branches and other lines of business in their efforts to provide accurate, prompt, and courteous service to their customers. A Deposit Operations Specialist manages the processing of daily deposit activities, verifying and validating transactions, reconciling various accounts, and issuing corrections. In performing the duties described below, the Deposit Operations Specialist is expected to follow established internal control procedures to minimize the Bank's risk of loss, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory rules and regulations governing financial institutions.
Responsible for timely completion of required training application to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and resolve unposted transactions, exception items, stop payment suspects, return items, large dollar notifications, and large item review.
- Ensures that ACH returns and corrections are processed according to NACHA rules.
- Indexing documents into our core imaging system.
- Key and balance item entry / proof work.
- Reconcile and research outstanding items on internal and correspondent accounts, including teller cash.
- Research and process bank adjustments or encoding errors in a timely manner.
- Process customer lockbox deposits received, customer loan payments, and loan payoffs received via the US Post Office.
- Review and analyze checks, deposits, and incoming ACH items in fraud software Verafin. Work with Operations and BSA on potential issues or concerns.
- Maintains and handles all confidential matters and information.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of previous banking operations experience, preferably with at least 1 year in accounting or deposit operations.
- Previous experience or training on ITI or Jack Henry core banking systems preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent; some college or degree is preferred.
- ACH or Check certification a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Access knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures and banking operations required.
- Ability to work under time constraints with little or no supervision.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic and ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Produce a high volume of work, in a fast-paced, team environment, meeting deadlines and with the ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Good analytical skills with ability to problem solve with excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong organization skills, ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be willing to do repetitive work and have a willingness to learn.
- Proficiency operating various office equipment required.