About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by looking past market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Our focus on practical insights and analysis has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We're determined to know what makes financial markets tick - and we'll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR's Operational Risk Management & Resiliency team is part of the Firmwide Risk organization and reports to the Chief Risk Officer within the Enterprise Risk structure. The team has direct responsibility for designing, deploying and managing the Operational Risk & Resiliency Framework (ORRF), which consists of the following core components - governance, risk identification and assessment, validation & independent challenge, resiliency management and event management. The team works with the Operational Risk & Resiliency Committee to oversee the design and production of risk reports, and to analyze risk issues. It partners with risk owners to encourage best practices in operational risk management and drive targeted risk remediation through control optimization and action tracking.
Our team is looking for a talented Business Continuity / Risk & Resiliency Analyst. As part of the Operational Risk & Resiliency team, the successful candidate will support the Head of Operational Risk & Resiliency in managing the overall ORRF framework.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the enterprise-wide ORR framework.
- Administer and oversee our GRC software (Fusion/Salesforce)
- Engage operational risk event owners to capture event details and remediations
- Conduct RSCA workshops with Operational Risk SMEs in relevant business units and corporate functions
- Continuity planning and event management: Assist in the planning and facilitation of enterprise- wide event exercises, relationship management with external vendors, and development of policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Capture Business Impact Analysis data and update relevant business continuity plans
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining program processes and practices which effectively ensure that the enterprise program remains current and incorporates/aligns with industry standards and practices as appropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
- Provides guidance and direction to an assigned department BC Liaisons to ensure their business continuity requirements (processes / applications/ vendors) are in accordance with the Firm's BCM program and quality standards.
- Ensures appropriate integration of requirements and information obtained from various sources; including external regulators and Shareholder Auditors for all jurisdictions.
- Subject matter expert for business continuity management.
- Assist with the overall execution of the operational risk and vendor risk program
Build and maintain Operational Risk & Resiliency reference data in Fusion:
- AQR Estate - organizational construct of departments and groups
- Process Inventory - processes owned and executed by each department and group
- Application - List of firm wide applications
- Vendors - Maintain the in-scope vendor data
What You'll Bring
- A Bachelor's degree; concentration in Business or Computer Information Systems preferred
- 2-5 years' experience in Financial Services, including roles in Business Continuity / Operational Risk (or related) teams in a similar environment
- Demonstrable theoretical and practical experience supporting Business Continuity Management and/or Operational Risk Frameworks
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or Fusion Software
- Solid understanding of Business Impact Analysis frameworks and resiliency reference data; ability to innovate and develop alternative thinking around business continuity plans & methodologies
- Demonstrable risk and control mindset - professional critique of assessed risks and controls with a view to constructively reviewing entries and identifying areas for additional assessment
- Business Continuity Management experience
- Operational Risk Management experience a plus
- CBCP certification or equivalent a plus
Who You Are
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly academic, collaborative environment
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic about developing and implementing ideas
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of finance and the investment management industry is highly desirable
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY