Job TitleAccounts Payable Clerk
Job Description SummaryUnder the direct supervision of an Accountant, Sr. Accountant or Financial Manager, this is an entry level accounting position that performs various clerical accounting tasks according to standard operating procedures. These tasks may include processing invoices, cash receipts and/or time cards, and completing related documentation and reporting functions.
- Processes receipts,invoices,contracts, etc. by verifying accuracy ofdocumentationandbalances,compiling dataand preparing appropriate forms and reports.
- Enters various data into appropriatedatabase systemto complete or update spreadsheet information.
- Maintains integrity of database accounting systems by regularlyupdating files, reports and spreadsheets. May include tenant, client, and vendor lists, purchase order accountbalances, time sheet data, billings or similar information.
- Performs dailydata entryfunctions ofbudget, purchase order adjustments and journal entries, and expenditures.
- May prepare various spreadsheets, reports and data lists as assigned.
- May support others withaccount reconciliationfunctions.
- Responds to tenant, vendor, client and staff requests for account information.
- Performs other accounting clerical and administrative tasks which may include word processing, emails, preparingbank deposits, fund transfer checks, answering phones, handling the mail, etc.
- A high school diploma orGED. College or university credits or degree in applicabledisciplinepreferred.
- Understanding ofgeneral accountingand financial principles. Working knowledge of accounts payables, receivables, budgets andexpenditure controlis desired. Experience with MRI and Nexus or similar accounting system is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years ofbasic accountingorbookkeepingexperience.
- Team player and strong aptitude for effectivecross-functionalcollaboration
- Candidate must be computer literate including word processing,mail merge, scheduling, spreadsheets and other data base applications.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced,dynamic environmentwith the ability to work effectively under pressure
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
OTHER DUTIESCushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.