With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future...
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
American National Bank is looking for an experienced Commercial Credit Analyst IV to assist bankers with credit and financial analysis for all aspects of commercial loan portfolio exposure including credit analysis, risk assessment and cross sales within 2-4 lines of business, including commercial and commercial real estate. We are seeking a candidate who has 4-7 years of previous commercial underwriting experience, strong analytical and technical expertise, ability to train and mentor team members, enjoys working as part of a team and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external partners as needed.
Location:This position will initially be seated in our Shakopee or St. Paul location.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Gathers necessary financial information from clients and analyzes source documents to determine potential risk and repayment of loan based on historical and pro-forma repayment capacity.
- Develops credit information such as debt service capacity and cash flow analysis to use in making decisions on new, renewed and existing loans.
- Accurately assess the bank quality risk rating of the customer based on financial performance, industry, and other variables.
- Assists in managing annual commercial credit reviews and renewals, portfolio concentrations, underwriting and documenting exceptions, borrowing bases and delinquencies.
- Manages risk on an ongoing basis by monitoring customer credit worthiness, adherence to loan terms and general business conditions.
- Assist in training and mentoring of new team members, guiding department work and input in department strategy, goals and operations.
- Responsibilities will also include ownership of client contact and cross-sales with an increasing business development goal.
Experience and Education
- 4-7 years of previous commercial underwriting experience.
- Previous experience using Finastra Credit-Quest or other commercial underwriting software preferred.
- Previous banking experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to analyze various types of financial statements and credit reports, both business and consumer related.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet applications as they pertain to financial analysis.
- Possesses effective communication skills, both oral and written.