Will work 3-4 shifts a week Monday-Saturday. Shifts start at 2:30am and may end as late as 5pm.
While our PCT roles do not require previous health care experience we are offering a SignOn Bonus for a HD experienced PCT with a Current CCHT.
What you can expect:
- Direct Patient Care.Spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
- Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup.Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
- Continuous Improvement:We are consistently looking for ways to improve processes for our patients and teammates as we aim to build the greatest health care community the world has ever seen.
- Building long-term relationshipswith your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week. You will also be responsible for educating patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics.
- Team.Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most: robust health care coverage, retirement planning and savings tools, opportunities for career development, and well-being resources.
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, PTO cash out, DaVita-negotiated discounts on hundreds of items from your cell phone plan to movie tickets, Bright Horizons backup care, elder care and more.
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new teammates a robust, paid training program to help you gain the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Reimbursement for your Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) license
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- You must be flexible and able to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Must be comfortable mixing acid or bicarb
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it's safe for our patients.
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
- Health care training and experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy preferred
Are you ready to make a positive difference in a patient's life?Take the first step at.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this meansclick here.