Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, the Vice President, Total Rewards drives organizational strategy by supporting the development and execution of the talent strategy, with a primary focus on leading the strategic design of all compensation and benefit programs across the enterprise. The focus of this role is the development, implementation and oversight of an enterprise total rewards strategy, weaving together market-competitive compensation and benefits programs, and creating an overall package which positions Connecticut Children's to attract, motivate, and retain engaged team members at all levels. This role also provides work direction to the compensation and benefits teams, and serves as a consultative partner to leaders across the organization.
To be considered for next steps in the interview process for the VP, Total Rewards opportunity, we require all external applicants to introduce themselves to us through our digital video interview process.
Please Then return to this page to complete your application.
The Vice President, Total Rewards embraces and demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the organization through actions that are consistent with the HR Guiding Principles and Connecticut Children's Core Behaviors, while demonstrating cultural sensitivity in all interactions with staff, patients, their families and critical stakeholders.
Essential Functions of the role include:
- Provides leadership and support to HR Leadership and business leaders to develop and execute the organizational talent strategy.
- Develops and promotes Total Rewards philosophies, strategies and policies aligned to strategic organization goals of recruitment and retention.
- Establishes Total Rewards goals and initiates specific programs to accomplish the organization's objectives while ensuring cost-effective implementation. Models Total Rewards data; develops reports and key metrics to support analysis and decision-making.
Directs Total Rewards staff in the analysis of market trends, best practices, and the competitive pay, benefits, rewards, recognition and well-being initiatives in place at other institutions in the
- Employs continuous improvement principles to ensure that all HR Total Rewards operations are efficient and effective while delivering both the highest quality and service.
- healthcare industry to evaluate and recommend changes that will enhance CT Children's ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with all federal, state, and local compensation and benefit laws and regulations. Keeps leadership informed of new developments and disseminates the information as warranted.
- Oversees policy development, plan design, implementation, administration, and record-keeping of healthcare plans, retirement plans, and leave programs for team members.
- Leads the management of relationships with brokers, vendors, consultants, and regulatory agencies. Leads the process for vendor proposals & negotiations and evaluation of vendor performance including feedback and recommendations for changes.
- Collaborates with the Legal Dept. in negotiation of contracts for services and programs with outside vendors/brokers to obtain cost-effective, maximum coverage for team members in all areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership on Compensation Committee, Investment and/or Pension Review Committees monitoring investment options and fees, plan financials, and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Lead Executive Compensation projects, including incentives, and assist in the preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of .
- Leads the annual merit process from start to completion, including merit recommendation approvals and upload to payroll.
- Collaborates with Total Rewards team members and vendors to recommend physician and executive compensation, benchmarking, program design and improvements are current and competitive. Execute HR Operational Excellence
- Work with HR Leadership and all HR Centers of Excellence to provide feedback on strategies and programs to ensure all HR processes are delivered on time, on budget and according to established requirements with 100% accuracy.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and ensures flawless execution of key practices.
- Participates and takes an active leadership role in department/organization/ responsibilities/projects.
- Improvement of team member engagement scores for areas of responsibility
- Manage, coach, and develop team members.
- Serve as a role model for leadership behaviors and attributes to all HR team members and the broader organization.
- Adapt leadership style based on situation, project, skills and experience of team members.