Job TitleBAS Optimization Engineer
Job Description Summary*Position supports a Major Financial Client in Malvern, PA. The position will be responsible for providing engineering support to facilities management staff and client engineering team with building system operations.
*Position will monitor and evaluate the operating and energy performance of a global portfolio of office and mission critical facilities through installed building automation, electrical monitoring, DCIM (data center information management) and CMMS (computerized, monitoring and maintenance systems) systems. The primary objective will be to identify performance optimization and energy savings opportunities within the operating environment of these facilities.
*Position will leverage their extensive knowledge and experience of building systems and equipment including HVAC (including boilers, chillers and refrigeration systems, constant volume and variable volume air handling systems), electrical (including generators, UPS, switchgear and controls), plumbing, and fire protection systems.
*Position requires a detailed understanding of the design principles, efficient operating principles, maintenance requirements and equipment lifecycle expectations within a facility.
*Position requires excellent written and verbal communication, organization and interpersonal skills. Must be able to use sound judgement and discretion and must demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and initiative to drive the organizational process. Must be able to initiate and complete projects and reports independently, accurately and often under deadline pressure. Must have the ability to process, prioritize, assign and follow-up on requests.
- Utilize data and trends available through Building Automation Systems (BAS) to monitor and evaluate building performance for the client portfolio.
- Provide recommendations and actions on improving building performance to operations and field management teams.
- Determine the impact of performance adjustments on operational costs and equipment lifecycle of assets.
- Create, modify and enhance existing reporting capabilities to better fit client needs and operational fulfillment processes.
- Evaluate and report UPS, utility and generator loads.
- Prepare professional documents to describe findings and recommended actions using charts, graphs, and audience targeted written explanations.
- Actively explore new technologies and generate new ideas for work simplification and process redesign.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE - what knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience are needed to perform the job?
- Preferred four year engineering degree or technology related field from accredited university/college.
- Three to five years' experience with focus on design, installation or maintenance of building management (BMS) & digital building automation (BAS) systems.
- Experience in commissioning and/or retro-commissioning building HVAC, electrical and control systems.
- Certified Energy Manager accreditation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to consistently develop accurate periodic reports, under client defined critical deadlines.
- Time management, multi-tasking, and organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter and must be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Occasional off hour and weekend availability is a requirement to inspect construction and maintenance activities.
WORK ENVIRONMENTCushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 50-75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.