Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a
culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get.
Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions.
Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care
systems available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably.
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the
design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a
systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary
development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver
code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to
understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
As a Sr. Mgr. Software Engineeryou will be an integral part
of a development team working to accelerate adoption of the Healthcare Platform
(HCP). Youwill be responsible for delivering business critical projects
while managing their day to day activities in an efficient and professional
manner.In this role youwill also mentor junior developers, work on
technical design and framework development. As a Sr. Mgr. Software Engineer you
will be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects from design to
release, and this position requires both hands on development and delivery
management. Full Software development life cycle experience is required
to excel in this role.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to
telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough
- Functions as hands - on engineering lead of a team ofup to 6
to 8 employees and offshore resources
- Demonstrates advance level of understanding and application of
general systems concepts and their integration with business problem resolution
- Ensure alignment of solutions with business and IT goals /
- Identify enhancements to improve supportability, operability or
performance of applications within the application group. Develop
supporting business case for suggested enhancements
- Work with business partners / product owners to understand desired
- Understand new product capabilities and decompose the
implementation into specific functional changes for verification
- Participate in design activities, monitor and ensure the
completion of tasks and projects
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices,
improving performance etc.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion to prioritize, plan
and manage the activities of the team
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and
- Provide guidance to team members to improve the team productivity
- Provide automated solutions using Agile framework and DevOps model
- Be a core contributor of code, tests, automation, application
design and architecture on an agile team of engineers working across the stack
- Solve tough technical problems at any level of stack (Backend/
Frontend/ Database/ Infrastructure) and be persistent in getting to the
- Perform Code reviews
- Engineer automated test and metric reporting solutions
- Lead scrum team in grooming user stories and development of
acceptance criteria for the user stories
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and
execute engineering, infrastructure and business objectives
- Communications and status for stakeholders
- Provide training and assistance on full range of technical issues
to broader team
- Learn and Share - Deeply values learning as a continuous
investment and share knowledge within and across teams
You'll be rewarded and
recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and
give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as
provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in building software applications using
- 5+ years of experience in working with one or more main stream
programming languages such as NodeJS, Python, Java/C#, Golang
- 5+ years of experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- 3+ years of experience in public cloud products (azure, aws, gcloud),
cloud-native architectures, serverless frameworks, data security and
- Expert understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing,
code reviews, telemetry, agile and DevOps
- Understand Shift-left thinking and passionate about automaton of
all testing. Demonstrate ability to do specification by example/ATDD/etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to build self-healing and robust
systems. Experience with chaos, security and other non-functional testing.
Experience building telemetry into systems.
- Solid organization skills and ability to communicate effectively
to both technical and non-technical, globally distributed audience
- If you need to enter a
work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the
ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your
symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom
screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In
addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear
a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Experience with the following:
- Streaming technology i.e. Kafka
- Database - NoSQL, GraphDB, Mongo, Elastic
- Microservices architecture
- Innersource Contributor
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Must embrace and demonstrate ability to be a continuous learner
with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the
health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening.
This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're
freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed.
We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to
help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This
is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a
reality. This is the place to doyour
life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required
to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work
experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to
your salary, UHG offers the following
benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts;
paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee
stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and
long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee
Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Manager, Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote, Hartford, CT, Connecticut