Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder's San Jose, CA office is seeking a creative, highly talented Engineering Geologist / Geological Engineer / Project Manager to become a leader in its geotechnical engineering discipline in California. Our Bay Area offices are supporting major water, high tech, transportation and energy projects in California. This is your opportunity to lead a variety of projects and other engineers and geologists on project while gaining priceless experience on unique high-profile projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with and leading internal and external teams. As part of the assigned duties the Engineering Geologist / Geological Engineer / Project Manager will oversee engineering design, project proposal and management duties with integrity and a drive to succeed. The successful candidate will be required to ensure high client service by providing constructible designs, meeting deadlines and creating clear communications with our clients.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Have experience planning, implementing, and managing geotechnical exploration programs including assigning laboratory testing
- Have experience guiding staff engineers in performing material and site characterization, seepage, slope stability, and settlement analyses, etc.
- Have experience preparing geotechnical reports, drawings, and specifications for foundations and earthwork for a wide range of projects including transportation, water, retail, hospitality, commercial, etc.
- Have experience in budget management, client updates, and general project management tasks
- Have experience supervising field observation, testing, and performing site visits
- Be able to pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Be able to interface with the civil design team to develop and value-engineer practical, fit-for-use geotechnical engineering solutions
- Have experience assisting project managers and business leadership with developing strategic pursuits and geotechnical proposals
- Be able to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- Be able to collaborate with Regional leadership and Project Managers to resource delivery effectively
- Possess a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 10years of geological engineering or engineering geologist experience and at least 4 years Project Management experience
- California consulting experience
- Proven experience in geologic/geotechnical exploration, analysis and design, including geohazard assessment, and geotechnical development recommendations
- Proven experience in preparing proposals
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or Geological Engineering, (Masters Preferred)
- California Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG)
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.