Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelderis seekinga creative, highly talented Geotechnical Project Manager/Location Discipline Leader to join us in our San Jose, CA office.
Kleinfelder's Bay Area offices support a variety of public and private clients in the areas of High Tech, Energy, Water, Transportation, Facilities and Federal projects across Northern and Southern California.
As part of the assigned duties, the Geotechnical Project Manager will oversee the development of the technical scope for proposals, schedule and budget for projects of various sizes. This position commands a dynamic leader who has strong communication skills, previous project management experience, and the ability to connect and work with clients and teams as well as formulate a local marketing plan and mentor staff.
- Proposal development
- Client interfacing
- Mentoring Staff
- Oversight of field investigations
- Comprehension of local geologic conditions
- Foundation Design, deep, shallow, and intermediate
- Proficiency in software including Lpile, Apile, Shaft, GeoStudio Suite, Settle3D,
- Slope stability analyses
- Seismic analyses including: liquefaction, lateral spread, site-specific analysis
- Retaining Wall Analyses and Design
- Pavement Design
- Report writing
- Assessment of excavations
- Project managementand oversight
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of geotechnical experience in a consulting engineering firm
- Minimum of 4 years of previous project management experience
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)(Required) and Geotechnical Engineer (GE) (Preferred) - or ability to attain within 12 months of hire
- Experience with marketing, proposal writing, scope, budgeting and scheduling
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.