Job Title:Commercial Banker L & D Sales 2 - Business Banking - SBA
What you'll do:The position will be challenging and require strong organizational skills, good communication both written and verbal and a detailed knowledge of the SBA 7(a) program. The regular duties will be to work collaboratively across the SBA division team, the dedicated processing and closing team within our Loan Operations and our bank's lending units. In this position you will use your commercial credit, loan structuring, SBA Eligibility requirements, and work within controlled checkpoints to review new loan requests, proper authorities for approval and sign off have been obtained, loans are being handled timely within Service Level Agreement for compliance within both the SBA program, and the bank's audit and procedures guidelines.
What we are looking for:
- Work with the Credit Opportunity Memos and information presented by lenders across the bank enterprise, to draft Term Sheets for SBA loans.
- Evaluate for SBA Eligibility both initially and prior to SBA loan approvals
- Review for Credit Quality & SBA structure including specific loan costs
- Evaluate and request missing information for OM process, AAR communicate with Lenders on details needed for the credit submission,
- Track and monitor decisions from SBA CAO, update OM, and issue Term Sheets
- Deliver the SBA team package to lenders with Term Sheets, to ensure smooth handoff for their complete packages from applicants, through Loan Ops.
- Participate in training opportunities with Sales Team within the Bank to develop better knowledge and support and assist in the generation of new loans for 7(a) and USDA. This may include attending sales team calls, sharing marketing ideas they can use to generate opportunities.
Provide Audit and Control points with Internal SBA Team to ensure compliance and quality of the internal process through Loan Operations SBA Processing team is meeting SLA's and meeting specific SBA controls for all quality standards:
- INTERNAL SBA file set up at hand off, ( Loan Ops will load all information in dual files) Monitor - communication, system updates, team deliverables (searches and all documents required for SBA reviews and sign off.
- Review of all SBA submission packages, Etran data, and following defined audit and sign off guidelines, Equity procedures, required documentation, any changes during processing are directed through proper SBA team approvals, all to ensure the SBA Guaranty will be secure.
- Ensure any waivers, and modifications have been approved, recorded in Etran, and compliant Guaranty Fee payments occur through team.
- Report errors and training opportunities within group to ensure compliance, work to create efficiencies, and look for solutions to improve process
- Communicate as needed and work with Bank Lenders, SBA Credit and Portfolio Servicing Officer to ensure tracking for loans through process are compliant for Reg B, and following banks requirements for declines and adverse changes, weekly needs lists, and any other
- Participate with division and assist on all Internal, external audits and SBA Audits, ongoing PPP audits for portfolio and over 2 million loans.
- This position will be the key contact working with SBA Etran matters and submission controls and review. Monitor all issues in Etran to assist accounting and 1502 team when needed.
- SBA Control and Compliance for the BCLC team for SBA approval process and eligibility, etran documentation, submission.
- Provide and work with team members on information needed to provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for the group.
- 10 plus years in the SBA lending, commercial lending a plus, SBA market awareness and competitive environment.
- Strong knowledge of all the 7(a)-lending programs, process, eligibility including SBA Express product.
- Commercial Credit analysis skills together with loan structuring for all types of business and loan requirements.
- Audit process and SBA knowledge for audit prep and deliverable
- Strong SBA eligibility and processing knowledge to support 7(a) controls and ensure loans from origination through closing meet SBA requirements for guaranty.
- 3-5 years working with Sales direct or indirect as SBA SME, or processing with Sales teams.
- Ability to provide proper communication with Bankers and Customers, present loan structures, provide guidance, solutions, and details for loan opportunities.
- Assist Bank lenders with clear information to allow them to make loans in the 7(a) products without being an expert.
- Strong knowledge of commercial and real estate lending documentation, SBA forms, credit policy and regulatory requirements.
Benefits you'll love:
We offer all the important things you'd want - like competitive salaries, an ownership stake in the company, medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and excused absence time, a great 401k matching program, tuition assistance program, an employee volunteer program, and a wellness program. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to bolster your business knowledge, learning the ins and outs of how successful companies operate and manage their finances, giving you invaluable hands-on experience to help grow your career!
About the company:
Western Alliance Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Western Alliance Bancorporation. Alliance Bank of Arizona, Alliance Association Bank, Bank of Nevada, Bridge Bank, First Independent Bank, and Torrey Pines Bank are divisions of Western Alliance Bank; Member FDIC.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email or call 602-386-2488.
Western Alliance Bancorporation
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email email@example.com or call (602) 797-3662.