Summary: Designs and develops new products and product improvements by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's degree
- 8-10+ years of related experience.
- New HVAC Product Development experience
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time
- Requires broad knowledge of principles and practices of HVAC engineering industry. PC skills including Microsoft office applications.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Solid Project Management experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide imaginative and thorough solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Provide technical leadership in cross-functional New Product Introduction process.
- Support project management as technical lead, or for moderate programs as overall project manager.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company.
- Procures materials needed to construct prototypes and supervises the design engineering of new models.
- Plans and develops test programs for prototypes using Design of Experiments as needed for complex problems with many variables.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional, performance, reliability and safety specifications.
- Analyzes, evaluates, sources, and coordinates the procurement of new materials to support model changes.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends cost improvement ideas through product, vendor, and design changes.
- Performs technical analysis of competitive products.
- Provides support to sales and marketing on product presentations and customer support.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions. Uses feedback to modify designs. Applies design principles.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management - Develops project plans. Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively.
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments. Matches the responsibility to the person. Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust. Displays passion and optimism. Takes responsibility for project deliverables and overall performance.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2019 revenues in excess of $22.6 billion and more than 77,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
#LI-CA1 Carol Altshuler