Uses computer-based tools to design parts and assemblies, create production drawings, and manage parts list. May use current and archival engineering and marketing systems along with source materials to correctly identify and document parts requirements, retrofits and replacements for installed equipment. Originate, develop or modify product designs from conception to finished manufacturing documentation assuring quality, manufacturability, functionality, serviceability, and cost has been considered. May catalog and create replacement parts lists and other resources for new products. Work on larger scope projects that may take significant time and analysis.
- Two year Vocational/Technical Drafting Certificate or A.A.S. degree in CAD (SolidWorks)
- SolidWorks experience
- Experience in sheet metal design
- HVAC products or Oil and Gas Process equipment (Shell and tube heat exchanger) is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as a Designer, with proven professional development.
- Experience mentoring junior designers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Design software; Development software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Using extensive latitude of independent judgment and product knowledge to translate engineering/marketing intent and field service requirements into easily understood manufacturing or other documentation and to apply the appropriate procedures and/or approach to solutions.
- Develop original designs or adaptations of current products, requiring some HVAC industry design drafting and experience to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- May work with various departments to create and update parts bulletins, parts lists and other documentation to ensure the field has the necessary information to service and maintain equipment.
- Work with Marketing/Sales to provide documentation for custom modifications of current products to meet weekly production schedules.
- Exhibit solid sense of design and mechanical aptitude with abstract thinking and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrate creative ability and accuracy along with cost effectiveness when necessary.
- Complete work assignments within determined time frame and uses some judgment in determining assignment goals.
- Have an excellent understanding of manufacturing practices and processes.
- Show proficiency in working with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD systems, as well as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have a solid understanding of product configurators, including ability to write and test logic for product or design selection.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of legacy bill of material systems and product structuring logic.
- Be part of and function in a team environment including cross functional and inter-departmental teams.
- May be required to participate in or lead special 'venture' or 'commando' team projects.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Has frequent contacts across the organization.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
#LI-CA1 Carol Altshuler
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.