Essential Position Duties:
- Identifies and pursues self improvement needs.
- Trains new Phlebotomists in TridentCare's policies and procedures.
- Oversees Phlebotomists in a geographic region to ensure optimal utilization of human resources and communicates needs to Phlebotomy Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Mobile Phlebotomist Responsibilities:
- Follows established phlebotomy procedures for obtaining blood samples from patients.
- Properly identifies patients prior to servicing.
- Ensures that specimens are properly identified, in proper tube and accompanied by a completed requisition prior to sending to main lab.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates to ensure attention to priority of patient.
- Completes written logs, time sheets, and other required records in a neat and accurate manner.
- Maintains all equipment in good working order and reports problems immediately to supervisor.
- Prepares, orders, and maintains supplies as required.
- When on call, answers pages within established guidelines and is ready and available to work.
- Notifies dispatch of availability for further assignments.
- Performs all duties in compliance with established safety and OSHA guidelines.
- Notifies supervisor of any post exposures or accidents within established guidelines.
- Communicates with patients with compassion, respect, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Meets regularly with Phlebotomy Manager regarding issues and/or concerns.
- Reports immediately to Phlebotomy Manager any concerns or issues of an urgent nature
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, and procedures including, but not limited to, those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA.
- Participates in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA training programs.
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- 5+ years of Phlebotomy experience required
- Knowledge of medical laboratory operations.
- Proficient in phlebotomy procedures, techniques, including venipuncture, tourniquet application/removal, and decontamination of the puncture site.
- Ability to obtain blood specimens from patients under a variety of patient conditions.
- Ability to accurately record information concerning specimens.
- Proficient in written/verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral physician orders.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, patients, and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to take directions and conduct self in a professional manner.
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
- High School diploma
- 5+ years minimum experience in phlebotomy with emphasis in acute hospital, dialysis, pediatrics, or geriatrics.
- Demonstrates clean driving record within existing company policy.
- Demonstrates current proof of auto insurance coverage.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)