This position will be part of the production team and will be responsible for creating print-ready designs and bridges the gap between designer and printer. All artwork executions are coordinated to maintain the integrity of the approved designs and themes. Tasks include executional graphic projects and include application of guidelines on a range of printed as well as digital materials and preparation of art files to printer specifications and FDA regulations. The Design Adaptation Specialist 2 must thrive in a professional, fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects. Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor/Project Manager about the work that needs to be completed.
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
- Ability to read, understand and follow work instructions, specifications, workflow diagrams and SOPs
- Responsible for ensuring that all artworks are saved in designated file locations on the server with the appropriate document control file naming specifications
- Participate in process improvement efforts and various production meetings to foster a positive creative impact on the business.
- Provide support and mentorship to other members of the team
- Print-ready designs are created as required to meet client and separator/printer specs.
- Designs are verified to be consistent and proper with all vendor requirements and regulations; become a brand guideline expert for vendors and peers.
- Designs are interpreted into printable files via Adobe Illustrator CS software
- Collaboration with printers and vendors as needed to ensure accurate translation of design intent.
- Knowledge and Application of Print Production skills is required and applied to print-ready files (i.e. -trapping, bleeds etc.), as necessary
- Files should be built using established Naming Convention and File Folder Structure
- Advise both team members and clients on production best practices and QC processes.
- Create/manipulate artwork to conform with regulatory specifications to ensure designs are legally compliant
- Adjust art to meet minimum type and line thickness accordingly based on specifications for different types of printing and client requirements
- Supplied creative must be adapted to required exemplars
- Output proofs as needed for internal checks and as specified on the order for customer review and approval
- Files must be organized to follow defined job folder and server structure and properly prepared for archiving upon completion of project
- Maintaining a positive and open dialogue with team members so they are fully informed throughout the project life-cycle
Completed Job Quality Control Check
- Check job to ensure accuracy of copy, content, color designations, and job data / labels if applicable
- Ensuring the accuracy of the final data deliverable such as, but not limited to, PDF, AI, EPS, FTP upload and CD upload
- Ensuring common elements are respected
- Flag any errors or deviations from standard work procedures to the Project Manager
- Must be able to work with various graphic design and layout software applications commonly used on Mac's and PC's
- Good understanding of digital file formats (pdf, tiff, eps) from different operating systems (Mac and PC) is required
- Basic color management skills and the ability to work with different digital formats are required
- Must have the ability to output digital files to various output devices; must have the ability to continue to learn and use new graphics software on an ongoing basis
- Must have an understanding of print processes and how one color affects another
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
This position requires the following knowledge and skills:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some College/Associate Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of work in a printing environment preferred.
- Full comprehension in reading work instructions and business memos.
- Able to effectively communicate through writing of business letters, expositions, summaries and reports, using prescribed form and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Proofreading skills required.
- Ability to work independently after initial training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Southern Graphic Systems, LLC ("Sgsco ") is an equal opportunity employer. Sgsco will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees