TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is hiring an entry-level, Distribution Designer for Franklin, MA. We are open to candidates residing in CT, NH, ME, RI or MA areas!! This position will be working within our Power Distribution Engineering team and a part of our growing Power Sector. This position is responsible for performing complex detailed design of overhead and /or underground electric distribution systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications, and estimates.
1. Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying the prescribed standards, guides, specification, and procedures.
2. Direct assigned project to meet project schedule by performing the following:
i. Prepare manual or computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature
ii. Perform design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, and industry and client standards
iii. Preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluations, and requisitions.
iv. Perform distribution system design calculations.
3. Contact landowners and/or their agents, to negotiate agreement of Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment. Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing.
4. Apply the client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
5. Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
6. Perform load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine necessary corrective action.
7. Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
8. Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
9. Direct, mentor, train, and Quality check the work of less experienced Designers or any level of Distribution Analysts