CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Designer/Architect in our Chicagooffice. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we'd love to hear from you. We're looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated Living-Centered Design firm. We leverage the heart, passion and diversity of our more than 1,000 creative thinkers to develop design solutions that solve challenges and seize opportunities. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education, inclusive communities or the "next big idea" in business, we partner with organizations to help them improve human life. In 2019, Fast Company named us as a world changing company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT OUR PRACTICE
Innovators, disruptors and the world's revolutionaries hire us to realize their visions. We challenge. We ask the tough questions, highlighting strengths, probing weaknesses. We lead our clients on a journey, giving them the tools to evolve. We inspire transformation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In your role, you will be a part of our Commercial practice and will advance the development ofdesign solutions as part of a collaborative team working on award-winning projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participate as an active contributing member of the commercial team in the execution of the project goals throughout all phases.
- Under general supervision, assist with furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) throughout all phases of interior design work.
- Under general supervision, assist in evaluatingclient needs, analyzing and effectively documenting design objectives and spatial requirements including programming, space planning and integrating established workplace strategies.
- Assist in the conceptual development and documentation of spaces addressing planning, three-dimensional development, interior elevations, details, ceilings, lighting and finishes.
- Assist in the selection and development of furniture specification packages.
- Provide assistance to the team in the selection or consideration and choice of building materials such as flooring, wall finish, ceilings, furnishings and other interior materials
- Produce high quality drawings and perform support functions as directed in conformance with project time, cost and quality constraints.
- Assist in preparing renderings and other presentation materials.
- Assist in evaluating and selecting materials, consulting with vendors, informing project specifications.
- Continually focus on learning, researching, and exploring the interior design field.
- May perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Interior Design with a Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of interior design/architectural experience with commercial project experience. Experience with hospitality projects preferred.
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of building and life safety codes is required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interest to build and maintain client relationships are essential.
- Creative and compelling graphic communication skills from conceptual diagrams, well composed design presentations to impactful 3D renderings are imperative.
- High level of graphic proficiency required.
- Proficiency in Revit/Enscape, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) required. Enhanced rendering capabilities with VRay beneficial.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That's why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women's Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice's evolution - a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.