LOC_ROBERTS-Roberts Ctr Pediatric ResearchReq ID:81917
Employment Status:Regular - Full Time
The Asthma Navigator provides asthma education, home visits and care coordination services for children with asthma in the CHOP CARE Network. Their primary responsibility is to work with families of children with persistent asthma providing services as identified by the health care team. The Asthma Navigator will follow families until goals reached as defined by the health care team. This includes but is not limited to: asthma education in office and home, home environmental mitigation, and care coordination. The asthma navigator is responsible for a minimum caseload and caseload follow-up.
|1. Daily responsibilities (90%)
- Maintain caseload as defined by ongoing needs and level of experience
- Identify high risk children with asthma- review inpatient and ED asthma reports, follow up on physician referrals, complete chart reviews for patients being seen in the Care Network for asthma-related sick visits, visit patients in the hospital when appropriate, conduct asthma education classes in the home, demonstrate and supervise environmental interventions in the home.
- Conduct regular follow-up visits and or telephone calls to reinforce education, administer ACT and report results to health care team.
- Complete documentation for all home visits and education encounters in an appropriate and timely fashion
- Attend team meetings for practice, CAPP and Asthma Care Committee
- Responsible for appropriate use intervention supplies, maintaining organization of storage closet and documentation of use of supplies
- Training of new staff as needed
| 2. Supervised by site manager at each practice for daily operations. Supervised clinically by
CAPP Medical Director and site medical director for training and maintenance of asthma skills. (8%)
- Responsible for maintaining Microsoft Outlook calendar which documents daily schedule for site manager and CAPP Medical director
- Attends monthly booster training sessions, participates in annual pediapredd asthma training
- Follows all HIPPA and confidentiality regulations regarding protection of patients.
- Attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings, including CAPP team meeting and the Home Visitor meeting.
- Keeps record and collects data as requested by managers
- Maintains positive relationship with caregivers as determined by patient satisfaction
| 3. Travel to community sites for health fairs and events when appropriate (2%)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent with three years experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- College course work and/or job experience preferred
Additional Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of local community and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with urban population.
- Preference given to residents of practice community.
- Preference given to candidates with family or personal history of asthma.
- Knowledge base of community organizations and current developments in the community.
- Good interpersonal skills, communications skills, problem solving skills, teaching and coaching skills and community networking skills.
- Ability to travel by car preferred.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146