Requisition Number: 78225
Insight is expanding and looking to add a Senior Channel Manager—In this role, the Sr. Channel Manager will develope and maintain business relationships to sell products, software solutions, and cloud services via telephone, email, and occasional face to face meetings either at the client site or at Insight offices. This position receives inbound calls and makes outbound phone calls focused on developing buying and partnering relationships with service providers, hosters, and managed service providers. As a trusted advisor to Insight’s clients, the Sr. Channel Manager will identify opportunities to leverage Insight’s complete technology offering which encompasses hardware, software, services. cloud services and networking focusing on complete customer lifecycle management and the associated needs for their end customers. The position will focus on Tiers 2,3 and 4 service providers and will partner with Service Provider field sales teams to manage and grow opportunities within their market/region to achieve sales objectives as required.
70% making/receiving phone calls related to sales activities
30% maintain client relationships/accounts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Engage in cold calling to establish new business.
- Listen actively during calls for sales opportunities and client’s needs, while being conscientious and attentive to details.
- Identify sales opportunities by exploring client business needs and may introduce a Service Provider field sales to assist in closing a sale.
- Recruit clients as a cloud reseller of Insight managed services offerings
- Land channel readiness, channel marketing, and channel enablement materials to drive cloud services adoption and consumption by clients’ customers
- Converse intelligently about all business issues, displaying excellent telephone and interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Follow-up with clients on quotes and orders to ensure excellent client service.
- Understand the negotiating interests of both Insight and the client while displaying strong technical knowledge.
- Transition Service issues to sales discussions.
- Ask questions that move clients forward in their buying process.
- Follow up thoroughly on each client commitment, prospecting, qualifying, and developing profitable new account relationships.
- Responsible for developing relationships with field publisher partners to work on leads and opportunities (both from Insight and publishers).
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of leading industry trends such as electronic commerce, spend management, and technology initiatives.
- Leverage resources to provide added value to corporate customers in order to maintain excellent customer satisfaction.
- Inform customers about company program benefits, and implement where appropriate.
- Submit accurate and timely forecasts that are aligned with assigned sales quotas.
- Facilitate all communications/order processing and reporting for all current and future accounts.
- Proactively advise and introduce new solutions to solve client’s business needs.
- Attend Company, vendor, and publisher trainings and webinars, as directed.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- College degree or equilevent experience
- Minimum 5 years sales experience, telemarketing experience, client service experience, and computer industry experience are preferred.
- Strong channel management knowledge and skills required including best practices around channel recruitment, channel enablement, and channel readiness driving revenue both ‘to’ clients and ‘through’ clients driving consumption of cloud services.
- Must have the ability to multitask with strong organization and time management skills.
- A strong interest in sales along with good communication skills.
- Ability to identify and use resources to achieve deliverables needed.
- Ability to read, understand documents, and technical information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Orlando || Florida (US-FL) || United States (US) || SALES || None || US - Addison, IL; US - Aurora, IL; US - Austin, TX; US - Cincinnati, OH; US - Cleveland, OH; US - Columbus, OH; US - Dayton, OH; US - Denver, CO; US - Durham, NC; US - El Segundo, CA; US - Herndon, VA; US - Houston, TX; US - Jacksonville, FL; US - Liberty Lake, WA; US - Miami, FL; US - New York, NY; US - Orlando, FL; US - Philadelphia, PA; US - Plano, TX; US - Rockville, MD; US - San Antonio, TX; US - Stamford, CT; US - Tallahassee, FL; US - Tampa, FL; US - Texas, TX; US - Trenton, NJ; US - Worthington, OH ||
Insight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law