FIRST AMERICAN HAS WHAT YOU'RE SEEKING FOR REMOTE WORK IN ALL REGIONS, SO COME EXPERIENCE THE DYNAMIC OF WORKING AT ONE OF FORTUNE'S 100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR!
In this role, you will search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of property title, primarily for residential properties in addition to copy or summarize recorded documents, which affect the condition of title to the property. These roles may be found within production center or branch office environments. The actual workflow is typically determined by geographic practices. In some cases, the Title Examiner role gathers information and creates a commitment of title before passing along to a Title Officer.
This is a remote position where you will work independently and use experience to examine title to real property, ranging in complexity, to determine status and establish chain of title.
- Perform title examination and examine the chain of title for a wide range of title orders, primarily residential
- Abstract and analyze records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books, to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records
- Resolve most issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
- Prepare initial title commitment documentation based on the application of procedural guidelines
- Prepare and reviews reports for accuracy
- May provide underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used/Requirements
- Detail / quality orientation
- Analytical review skills with research and investigative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service orientation
- Standard MS skill set
- State license(s) if required
- Knowledge of legal terms helpful
- High School diploma or equivalent - 2+ years directly related experience
Candidates must have the ability to...
- Work from home
- Have high speed internet to use our secure VPN environment
- Have a dedicated space to work from home without background noise
- Be available to work during fulltime during business hours & attend fulltime training
- Work overtime as needed by the business unit