By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
May perform basic and guided intermediate donor and/or patient tests and interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility. May resolve compatibility problems; provide basic reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services. May perform automated and manual test procedures on blood samples. Adhere to explicit standard operating procedures and interpret test results in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Information Act (CLIA), and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
Schedule: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 9:00 am-9:00 pm
- Bachelor's degree with a major in biological science or chemistry with 1-year experience oflaboratory testing or MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent required.
- Three years of blood bank experience desired.
- State license may be required where applicable.
- Good written and verbal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Basic understanding of basic computer applications including Word.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate independent problem-solving skills.
- On call responsibilities, as applicable.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
- May perform telephone consultation including receiving and completing orders for antigen negative products.
- Maintain equipment, reagents, and other stock to assure the quality and accuracy of laboratory test procedures. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies and prepares reagents.
- Perform duties associated with supply and reagent management to include ordering, receiving, inspection, preparation, and quality control of supplies and reagents.
- Perform duties associated with receipt, coordination, shipment, and transport of patient and donor blood samples.
- May perform and interpret basic donor and/or patient testing procedures, guided complex serologic problem resolution and complete required quality control, as appropriate to state and federal regulations.
- May perform guided complex serologic problem resolution.
- Recognize testing irregularities, identify the cause, determine the solution, and resolve the problem or refers it to the appropriate level.
- May perform manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable.
- Perform inventory management, coordination, and shipment duties associated with donor product inventory including the maintenance of the exceptional and rare donor products.
- May perform antigen typing duties, as applicable.
- Perform labeling and verification of blood products.
- May perform duties associated with document development and management.
- Adhere to procedures and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Maintain, edit, and review computer and manual records to assure accurate record keeping. Maintain accurate, legible, and complete records.
- May perform internal staff training and/or competency review, if applicable.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights