Do you want to work for an organization that Makes a Lasting Impact on Kids?
AMIkids has served over 136,000 kids and their families since 1969. Being part of the AMIkids team means that you are helping youth to realize their full potential and become a valuable part of their community.
Our Direct Care Staff Team Member is responsible for directing and safely supervising the youth in our care. Providing guidance in behavior choices by teaching social, self-help, academic and living skills. This is a great role for someone who values safety, leadership and personal growth.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
• High school diploma/GED (degree preferred),
• Minimum one-year related experience within an educational or youth service program, preferably working with troubled youth,
• Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license in the state of employment and have a driving record that meets the standards of the AMIkids Transportation Policy,
• May be required to acquire and maintain CDL license.
• Ability to attend, obtain and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state and contract requirements,
• Ability to attend, obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certification by nationally recognized organization
Perks and Benefits:
• Growth opportunities – we pride ourselves on developing our leaders from within
• Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug plan options; Health Spending Account, Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
• PTO & Paid Holidays
• Wellness Benefits – EAP, Health Coaching, Stress Management Programs, etc.
• Employer Funded Pension Plan, Voluntary 403(B) Retirement Plan, Student Loan Forgiveness Program
• Pet Insurance, World Travel Assistance, Car Rental discounts, Gym Membership discounts, and more.
About AMIkids Rio Grande Valley Founded in 1986, AMIkids Rio Grande Valley is a private nonprofit, staff-secure residential facility in Los Fresnos, Texas. Our program operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, serving kids who have committed a variety of non-violent offenses and are involved with the Texas Juvenile Justice Department. Our kids are living in dormitories on campus in a remote location, which is ideally structured to help them work through their issues and gain the needed skills to return to their families and communities.