The Massachusetts Medical Society is the statewide professional association for physicians and medical students. We are dedicated to educating and advocating for the patients and physicians of Massachusetts. We offer that award continuing medical education credits. The Society, under the auspices of NEJM Group, publishes the New England Journal of Medicine, a leading global medical journal and web site, and NEJM Journal Watch alerts and publications covering 12 specialties.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Regional Outreach to work in our Waltham, MA office.
The Manager, Regional Outreach functions as the primary liaison between the Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS) and the district medical societies within the designated region(s). He or she provides services and activities to the districts in such areas as educational programming, media relations, leadership development, legislative coalition building, membership development, governance and organized medical staff activities. The Manager, Regional Outreach Communicates the Society’s position to districts on key issues and keeps Director informed regarding district needs.
- Provides management and direction of regional outreach activities for assigned region(s) working in collaboration with the Director, Regional Outreach & Association Management.
- Provides administrative direction and oversight for the management of the specified region and its activities, including the operating budget.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with representatives of each district medical society within the region.
- Develops programs and projects for district medical societies that aim to enhance medical society membership and physicians’ visibility at the community level.
- Works in conjunction with staff in various departments throughout the Society to bring state sponsored programs and activities to the region.
- Supervises the fulfillment of district contracts and the coordination of videoconferencing activities.
- Represents the Society at district sponsored meetings and functions.
- Provides or arranges for support to district officers on an as-needed basis in medical society orientation, meeting management, agenda development, speaker recruitment, and other areas.
- Works on specific projects and additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Works within the local communities on outreach projects furthering the goals of the medical society.
- Provides oversight of the MMS delegate tracking system.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five or more years of experience working in a membership or healthcare organization are required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability by proven success delivering critical projects for clients.
- Outstanding client management and problem-solving skills including the ability to analyze options and arrive at optimal solutions while building strong relationships and influencing other stakeholders.
- Ability to foster a spirit of teamwork and unity including addressing and resolving conflict and building trust and respect amongst team members.
- Exceptional event management, meeting planning and program development skills are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are top-notch planning, problem-solving, time management, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize workload, deliver high quality results, and meet deadlines while managing multiple programs and competing demands.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evening and weekend programs and travel off-site to meetings and events.
Our generous benefits offerings include: 3 weeks of paid vacation, 6 personal days, 12 sick days, 12 paid holidays, medical and dental plans, 401(k) plans with company match, an onsite back-up childcare center, tuition assistance and more!
The MMS has earned praise as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe for the past 8 years in a row! The Globe surveys employees regarding their opinions about company leadership, benefits, ethics, values and culture, and recognizes those companies who receive high marks from their employees.
Massachusetts Medical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled