Position Title: Director of Human Resources Date: July 2020
Department: Human Resources Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin.
• Annually review and make recommendations to the CEO and management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
• Communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
• Assist CEO and management in establishing and recommending salary ranges, offers and compensation adjustments.
• Coordinate formal salary study every four years.
• Create and maintain employee files either electronically or hard copy.
• Oversee the effective management of workers' compensation and employee leave of absence programs (FMLA, STD, LTD, etc.)
• Develop and execute talent management strategies to attract, hire, and retain talent while ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Provide counsel and expertise to management and supervisors on employee relations issues, coaching opportunities, and development of employees.
• Develop and oversee FAEW's Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) program and monitors EDI efforts related to hiring and promotion.
• Work with management and supervisors to effectively complete annual performance review.
• Administer and oversee FAEW's employee benefits program.
• Work with management and the CEO to maintain employee alignment, goodwill, teamwork, and morale.
• Implement employee satisfaction measurements, including annual employee survey. Proactively identify and addresses employee issues and concerns.
• Consult with legal counsel as needed on human resource matters.
• Coordinate with Facility and Safety Manager where applicable, ensure annual training protocol for staff and recommend additional training and development opportunities.
• Ensure legal compliance with all applicable local, state and federal employment laws to minimize risk/exposure to the organization.
• Participate on committees and special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
Minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR desirable
Experience with conducting annual training programs
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion experience strongly preferred
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in staffing, resource allocation, and leadership techniques
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and situations
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Must have a valid driver's license, automobile insurance that meets Feeding America's liability requirements and transportation to travel to work sites
Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Robust health, dental, and vision plans, 16 days PTO, 10 paid holidays, life, short- and long-term disability insurance and a 401(k) plan
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. is committed to fostering diversity in our workplace. FAEW does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, color, creed, religion, handicap, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical disability, mental disability, or veteran status. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.