The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of all equipment. The position performs preventative maintenance on all production and supporting equipment
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications
* Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
* Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
* May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
* Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
* General mechanical maintenance as required
* Able to lift or manage up to 25 pounds without assistance
* Experienced in legacy equipment maintenance
* Troubleshoot, support and repair of all production equipment
* Determine material, parts and equipment to be used for repair, installation and stock Communicate same to Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer
* Participate in scheduled/preventative maintenance on all production equipment
* Install, inspect, repair and maintain the mechanical, electrical and other related systems in all production and supporting departments
* Inspect, operate and maintain steam, heating cooling and water treatment systems in entire plant
* Complete all necessary documentation as described under company guidelines. Must comply with all company safety rules and policies
Supervisory Responsibilities: * N/A
Minimum Qualifications: * Minimum 5 years' industrial/commercial maintenance experience, with strong problem solving skills * Ability to effectively communicate (both written and oral) * Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical schematics at basic level * Quality orientation and high attention to detail * Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt
Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field preferred * Bilingual - English/Spanish
Travel Required: N/A
Physical Requirements: This position requires constant walking throughout the service center. May do lifting of objects up to 75 pounds on occasion with assistance. May carry tools and equipment.
Work Environment: Plant environment, including hot, noisy, and wet conditions. Some work in office environments. Subject to calls during hours away from plant (24/7). Constant exposure to hazards including confined spaces, chemicals, steam under pressure, climbing, working in positions above and under equipment and throughout/outside of the facility.