CDL-A License and at least one year (or) 50k verifiable miles experience is REQUIRED for this position
McLane Teammates are part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
As a McLane Driver, you are the face of our company to our customers, working in a fast-paced and physical environment. You are the Teammate customers see week after week and will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with them. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route help you stay engaged with the work. Great problem solving and customer service skills are a plus.
PAY / BENEFITS:
- First year average pay: $70K
- Second year (and beyond) average pay: $90K
- $4,000 Sign-On Bonus for candidates with verifiable experience
- DAY 1 BENEFITS such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with annual company match starts on your 90th day
- Two weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Paid holidays, educational assistance program, and more
- Newly hired drivers are expected to have a very flexible schedule until being assigned a set/stable route
- Typical timeframe for assignment to a set/stable route is 6 months to one year
- Newly hired drivers will run a mix of one and two day routes
- Typical departure time for routes is 8 pm to 7 am, with the majority departing between 10 pm and 3 am.
- Operate a tractor/trailer safely to convey products to customer sites.
- Unload products with the use of a Lift Gate and Pallet Jack
- Ensure accurate and on-time deliveries
- Work safely to prevent injuries and damage to product
- Place all delivery items in customer-designated food-safe storage areas
- Requires repetitive bending and lifting of heavy product
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- CDL-A License and at least one year (or) 50k verifiable miles experience is REQUIRED
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by McLane customers.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Able to communicate with customers, management, and other teammates.
- Able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a pallet jack, lift gate, and on-board PeopleNet devices.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a distribution center, transportation department, shop and customer facilities.
- Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
- Regular and frequent travel, including overnight.
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.