McKesson Technology Solutions is looking for a Senior UX Designer, Mobile Apps to develop and extend the UX capabilities of our oncology applications. You will help us design the best software experience in the world for cancer doctors. You will craft and deliver compelling, approachable and intuitive user experiences for our mobile application. You will help us define all aspects of our mobile app: user flow, design system & language, core UI elements and interaction patterns. The mobile app will deliver a highly focused set of scenarios for our doctors- you will help make the experience of using this app amazing.
This is a senior role with a high degree of accountability and independence. The position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Head of UX.
- Help evolve a simple, user-centered design process at McKesson Technology Solutions.
- Help develop and improve supporting tools and infrastructure.
- Lead design efforts from concept to market for our products.
- Apply fundamental user experience, design and research principles to deliver intuitive customer journeys.
- Transform ideas into creative, simple and responsive designs under technology and time constraints, working closely with peers in Product Management & Development.
- Spend time in the field getting to know & understand the workflow of doctors, and the challenges they face. Leverage User Research and testing feedback to inform and validate design decisions.
- Use Design Strategy & Research to assist defining and evolving the product roadmap of your projects, and in prioritizing areas of focus.
- Help mentor and provide an example for junior designers to follow. Help develop a world-class design culture and practice within our studio.
- Expertise in designing native iOS and iPadOS apps, plus fluency with all mobile UI patterns including the iOS HIG. Understanding of SwiftUI components and the creation of adaptive interfaces across all Apple platforms.
- Knowledge of CareKit, ResearchKit, and Apple Health design patterns to design an app that can successfully incorporate Apple provided views alongside McKesson developed interfaces, while achieving an Apple-first look and feel.
- Demonstrated excellence in defining user flows, interaction patterns and complete product experiences that align with user needs.
- Ability to make our mobile products play well within the Apple ecosystem while defining user flows, interaction patterns and complete product experiences that align with user needs.
- Ability to absorb complex, detailed input from Researchers, Program Managers & users and distill this into approachable and intuitive UI.
- Can-do, anything is possible, positive attitude.
- Typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of product design experience
- 1+ years in a senior product design role where you have led design on mobile projects from kickoff to launch
- Experience designing native iOS and iPadOS apps, plus fluency with all mobile UI patterns including iOS HIG.
- Experience with mobile products within the apple ecosystem
- Experience with the design of complex systems
- Ability to lead design within cross-functional teams and hold yourself responsible for delivering business outcomes.
- Ability to support design culture within an organization: discovering talent, refining processes and systems, coaching junior designers to help them progress in their career.
- Deep understanding of building for SwiftUI preferred
- Experience with design within the medical ecosystem is a strong plus.
- Passion for improving the healthcare of people, especially cancer patients.
- Visual design capability, and additional skillsets that can help us create artifacts that tell our story (writing, video, public speaking etc.)
- Variety of User Experience capabilities and knowledge, rather than a narrowly defined skillset.
- Patience: these systems are complicated and the experience we create will evolve over time, a willingness to keep working to improve it will help you succeed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate design rationale and thinking.
- Ability to inspire and get people on-board.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.