9210 Rockville RoadSte D, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46234-2670, United States of America
Acute Dialysis Patient Care Technician needed; IU Health West Hospital (Indianapolis, IN)
**Dialysis training will be provided - Candidates should have a past hospital experience**
Our Dialysis Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) play a vital role for our patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will be responsible for ensuring the comfort and safety of our patients and providing an essential supporting role to our Dialysis RNs, as we provide safe and efficient patient care to the inpatient hospital dialysis program.
What you can expect:
- 1:1 Patient Care:
- Working under the supervision of an RN and spending the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care and provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatments. You will also build caring and trusting relationships with your patients suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average, 3 times/week.
- Primary Duties:
- To monitor in-patient dialysis patients before, during and after treatment including but not limited to, measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and equipment setup. Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
- Shifts can begin as early as 4:00 am. Typically working a scheduled 12 hour shifts, 3 days/week or 10 hour shifts, 4 days/week. Team Schedule is typically finalized and distributed several weeks in advance
What we'll provide:
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity
- Career path options: clinical (ex. PCT to RN), leadership and corporate opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, DaVita-negotiated discounts on hundreds of items from you cell plan to movie tickets and more
Some details about this position:
- Your 9-10 weeks of training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita's award-winning training programs
- Training may take place at hospital setting or a training facility with a class of new teammates other than your assigned hospital program
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- Outside of our typical schedule, you must allow for flexibility in your schedule during our patient care needs which may occur in the mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Passion for delivering excellent patient care and building long term relationships to improve your patients' quality of life
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Willingness to work extended hours (most shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet when patient census requires additional support.
- Willingness to train and work across hospital programs, as needed
- Healthcare experience a plus including: Bonent Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
Are you ready to make a positive difference in a patient's life? Take the first step at .
DaVita is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.