The OCT/Non-residential Counselor is responsible for managing and developing the policies for the Off Center Training Program and maintaining the retention and career placement for non-residential students.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Monitors and documents the progress and accountability of OCT and nonresidential students.
- Maintains relationships with off center training personnel to ensure academic success and continued enrollment throughout Job Corps matriculation.
- Facilitates the application process for the Off Center Training Program.
- Responsible for managing the career, personal development, and accountability for the non-residential caseload as well as the off center training participants.
- Responsible for conducting weekly groups to promote job placement.
- Creates and assist students with implementing individualized career and personal plans that lead to employment opportunities upon separation.
- All other duties assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 15 semester hours of instruction in Social Services related instruction.
- One year’s experience in sales, marketing or counseling related services.
- Above average public speaking skills and experience in the same.
- Above average verbal, written, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Computer literacy; specifically internet, e-mail and Microsoft Suites.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in counseling-related field.