DaVita is hiring Registered Nurses to serve our in-hospital patients across the greater Indianapolis area.
Nurses will train at Eskenazi for the first 9-12 weeks of employment, then transfer to hospitals located in Lafayette, Carmel, Avon, and Muncie, IN.
- RNs are scheduled 3 weeks out, 4 10-12hr shifts per week
- Shifts typically start 7:00AM-9:00AM, or when the hospital needs
- We are bolstering the float pool in this area, to cover PTO
- Flexible on-call shifts, 1-2x/week
Expectations of Working in DaVita's Acutes Program
- 1:1 Patient Care. Deliver acute hemodialysis to in-patients with chronic kidney disease, as well as patients with acute kidney injury (AKI) and transplant. Average Patient to Nurse Ratio is 2:1 or 1:1.
- Patient education. Whether this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients and families.
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
- Expect the unexpected. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have, their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
- Autonomy in a Hospital Setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting you work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. Our Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
- Schedule. Flexible shifts and scheduling. Nurses can make their own schedules, request days off, then submit a month in advance for approval. RNs typically work 4 12hr shifts a week, alternating weekends and holidays, taking call 1-2x a week.
- The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider, DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care, providing care in line with the highest industry standards according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
DaVita Provides an Environment of Professional Growth and Work/Life Balance
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care
Acute RN Requirements
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing.
- Work long days without notice
- Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this position.)
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
Nurses: if this isn't the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this means click here