LinQuest is seeking a Business Development/Capture Manager to join our team at our office in Dayton, OH.
The Dayton and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) Business Development/Capture Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships and capturing opportunities with potential WPAFB customers (AFRL focused, with secondary priorities at AFLCMC, NASIC, etc.) Working closely with the VP of Business Development and Account Managers, the Business Development/Capture Manager will assist in the development of new business opportunities that support LinQuest's overall growth strategy. The selected candidate is integral to establishing trusted relationships between LinQuest personnel and their peers throughout industry and government. The Business Development/Capture Manager identifies strategic opportunities, oversees the bid strategies, teaming agreements, pricing and proposal strategy. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to continue to serve Air Force and national security missions and make measurable impacts within a growing company.
Primary office location in Beavercreek, OH.
- Support company growth strategy execution.
- Leads efforts to identify, qualify, pursue, and capture government contracts through client relationships, effective proposal development, bid strategies and productive teaming.
- Work closely with VP for BD and Account Managers to develop new WPAFB-focused and AFRL Directorate-focused business opportunities at all stages of the pursuit lifecycle to include targeting, capturing and presenting compelling business propositions.
- Develops a robust opportunity pipeline of business 6 months to 3 years out.
- Ensure opportunity information is accurately and completely represented in the LinQuest BD Database (Salesforce).
- Leads and/or supports capture management activities for specific identified opportunities, including developing overall capture/win strategy and associated budget.
- Interface with the customer and industry community; develop and maintain relationships with key government customers and industry peers
- Develops and provides company awareness/capabilities briefings, attends opportunity Industry Days and participates in customer one-on-one meetings, and provides information for bid/no bid decision making.
- Interfaces with LinQuest technical, program management, contracts, finance, and proposal personnel in preparation of technical and pricing strategies in support of proposals.
- Work closely with other LinQuest business developers, capture managers, and line managers in a cooperative and constructive fashion.
- Follow and improve upon LinQuest BD processes and tools.
- Understanding of the new business pursuit lifecycle, with emphasis on market analysis, customer and opportunity identification and qualification, and opportunity shaping, in advance and support of capture strategy, win strategy, and proposal development.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate and sustain excellent long-term customer relationships.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to qualify and mature opportunities throughout the pursuit lifecycle, gather information, meet gateway requirements, and brief senior leadership.
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse teams of business development professionals.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management tools and databases, specifically SalesForce
- Bachelor Degree is required.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in DoD, including business development experience, with an emphasis on capture management and proposal development, with a proven track record of developing and winning new business.
- Experience with WPAFB industrial base and competitive landscape.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required to be considered for this position
- Experience with and existing customer relationships in the WPAFB marketplace.
- Experience with the successful execution of all phases of a capture efforts, including planning, teaming, proposal development, and price-to-win analyses.
- Proven ability to work with diverse teams in a high ops tempo environment.
- Prior government or industry Program Management experience highly desired.
- Capture and proposal development training (e.g., Shipley) a plus.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.