LinQuest is seeking a Configuration Management Manager to join our team at the Los Angeles AFB.
You will work on the systems engineering and integration (SE&I) contract in support of the US Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Launch Enterprise Systems Directorate (SMC/LE). This effort includes overarching integration of launch and range programs which will require interfacing with both the EELV and any future SMC/LE launch systems.
SMC/LE is the guardian of assured access: launching when and where the nation needs it. SMC/LE's vision statement is to be the most respected and innovative space lift team, delivering mission success while enabling a robust U.S. launch industry This capability provides assured access to space for the nation. SMC/LE's mission also includes mission assurance and launch safety.
The position is full time on-site at Los Angeles AFB and requires an active TS/SCI clearance. You will work onsite, co-located and closely integrated with the Government Customer.
- The execution of the EELV Configuration Management Plan (CMP) IAW SMCI 62-109 to ensure all CM required functions and activities are executed and documented, including managing technical review boards/configuration control boards, configuration identification, change control, status accounting, verification, reviews, audits, and metrics for the program baseline documentation (per the program baseline list in the CMP)
- The review and update of the EELV Change Control Board (ECCB) Operating Instruction (OI) annually to document Change Control processes that are enforceable and subject to inspection 22
- The update, as required, of the SMC/LE Configuration Management Plan (CMP) to incorporate the tenets of the Data Governance policies and processes
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment within the space and LV industries
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Configuration management/technical baseline management in DoD space system programs
- Clear and concise written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with team members
- Ability to coordinate with numerous stakeholders/customers from DoD agencies to commercial industry
- Knowledgeable in the use and application of MS Office suite - specifically project, word and excel
- Detail oriented and the ability to organize, prioritize and address multi program schedules simultaneously
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of new tools that may be used in future LE activities
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Configuration Management (CM)
- Work with FFRDC personnel (e.g., Aerospace Corporation)
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance to be considered for this position
- Experience with recommending and implementing military standards and CM best practices
- Hands on experience administering DoD Acquisition Management
- Knowledge on EIA-649-1, MIL-STD-973 and MIL-HDBK-61
- Knowledge on DoD-5010-12-M and DoD-5015-2-STD
- Knowledge of hardware and software development life cycles and CDRL development process
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.