LinQuest is seeking a SATCOM System Engineering to join our team in Aberdeen, MD.
This person will provide support to the Independent Test and Certification lab part of SATCOM System Division Joint SATCOM Engineering Center (JSEC). Provide technical support on current and emerging satellite modem and terminal validation against digital Intermediate Frequency (IF) standards. Support the Digital IF Gateway Transport (DIG-T) initiative and the Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC)/Army Forces Strategic Command (ARSTRAT) Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS), and PTW/PTES program terminal and modem certification programs
- Defining and reaching concurrence on requirements based on current PTW ICDs by working with the stakeholder community (AF, Army, Lincoln Lab, Navy, ect).
- Representing JSEC/ARMY in various PATS working groups.
- Develop a MIL-STD for these requirements.
- Develop test procedures, processes and documentation
- Recommend and support the procurement of test equipment
- Stand up a Reference Lab for Protected Tactical Waveform.
- Identifying other opportunities where JSEC and the PATS reference lab can contribute to DOD and the program offices.
- Knowledge of the Protected Tactical Enterprise Service (PTES) program, and the enabling components for all of PATS and the ground hubs for the implementation of PATS operating over WGS
- Hands on expertise with IP and resilient modem technologies
- Ability to write test plans and perform analysis and developing test reports
- Ability to work independently, resolve problems, and provide recommendations/solutions
- Experience with setting up reference lab environment and developing automated test scripts/procedures
- Knowledge of MIL-STDs governing SATCOM terminal certification
- Knowledge of PATS system of systems that provides a resilient Ethernet transport service for tactical networks via the Protected Tactical Waveform (PTW
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5-10 years of hands on professional experience with data networking
- Active Secret clearance is required to be considered for this position
- At least 5+ years of System Engineering background
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.