LinQuest Corporation is seeking an EELV Senior Systems Engineer to join our team at Vandenberg AFB.
You will work on the systems engineering and integration (SE&I) contract in support of the US Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Launch Enterprise Systems Directorate (SMC/LE). This effort includes overarching integration of launch and range programs which will require interfacing with both the EELV and any future SMC/LE launch systems.
SMC/LE is the guardian of assured access: launching when and where the nation needs it. SMC/LE's vision statement is to be the most respected and innovative space lift team, delivering mission success while enabling a robust U.S. launch industry This capability provides assured access to space for the nation. SMC/LE's mission also includes mission assurance and launch safety.
The position is full time on-site at Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB) and requires an active TS/SCI clearance. You will work onsite, co-located and closely integrated with the Government Customer.
- Provide launch site activity mission assurance related recommendations to the Commander representing the 30 OG and Chief Engineer (CE) on EELV launch site activities
- Monitor and assess all configuration changes to the SLC-4E, SLC-4W, SLC-3, SLC-6 and SLC-8 or SLC-2, as required, as compared to the approved certification configuration baseline, and make recommendations to the USG
- Perform mission assurance and fleet surveillance duties in accordance with the 30 OG's Mission Assurance and Launch Verification processes
- Assess the LSP's launch vehicle checkout and processing activities at the launch sites
- Maintain and update launch site mission assurance documents such as operating instructions, plans, and CONOPS
- Review Launch and Range related AF guidance documents for technical validity and make recommendations for revisions to 30 OG documents.
- Assess the execution of the 30 OG Launch Verification Processes and its consistency with overall EELV Space Flight Worthiness Certification and Readiness Review processes, and make recommendations for improvement
- Provide technical recommendations for and provide summary documentation of EELV system Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs)/TEMs/Reviews
- Act as the primary point of contact for the LVDB and perform technical updates to ensure its functionality and availability as the primary tool for 30 OG technical risk assessment
- Conduct LVDB training for the 30 OG launch verification team
- Perform integrated assessments of analysis of alternatives and project management for New Entrants
- Provide integrated assessments to aid USG evaluation of cost, schedule, and performance risks and opportunities associated with EELV systems, subsystems and components. Perform Fleet 31 Surveillance of non-NSS launch vehicle and acquisition activity and assess 32 impact to NSS, and provide mitigating recommendations
- Provide integrated assessments of LSP and DoD processes and media as requested to aid USG evaluation of cost, schedule, and performance risks and opportunities
- Familiar with space flight/launch worthiness and readiness assessments
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Have very good organization and planning skills
- Clear and concise written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations and options to the customer
- Ability to coordinate with numerous stakeholders/customers from DoD agencies to commercial industry
- Knowledgeable in the use and application of MS Office suite - specifically project, word and excel
- Project or Acquisition Management
- Detail oriented and the ability to organize, prioritize and address multi program schedules simultaneously
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of new tools that may be used in future LE activities
- BS degree in electrical or mechanical or aerospace engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline
- 8+ years of relevant experience in space system and/or launch processing
- Work with FFRDC personnel (e.g., Aerospace Corporation)
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance to be considered for this position
- MS in electrical or mechanical or aerospace engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline
- Experience with DoD or AF acquisition processes
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.