LinQuest is seeking a Senior Orbital Analyst to join our team at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM.
This position supports satellite operations at the RDT&E Support Complex (RSC) on Kirtland AFB, performing orbit analysis and provide satellite mission engineering support to a variety of satellites in Low Earth, Medium, and Geosynchronous Orbits. This person is responsible for ensuring accurate determination of spacecraft orbits, collision avoidance (COLA) analysis and plans, maneuver planning, scripting to automate tasks, identification of solar and lunar intrusion conditions on spacecraft sensors, generation of satellite event tables and evaluation of future orbit software and systems. As the Senior OA, this person would be responsible for training/overseeing a team of OAs to perform orbital determination and related analysis. The position supports a 24/7 operations center. The position may require periodic shift work and availability for on-call support.
LinQuest operates a variety of satellites for the U.S. Space Force’s Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) under the STEC contract at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM. This contract supports on-orbit operations of eight unique satellites, with more scheduled to launch over the next 3 years. We are looking for high quality, motivated professionals to join our team.
- Oversee a team of orbital analysts; provide training/mentoring to new analysts
- Ensure work performance of the team meets/exceeds standards
- Maintain accurate tracking station pointing data
- Maintain accurate satellite ephemeris and support data
- Maintain satellite position and attitude within specifications
- Conduct routine orbit determination and prediction
- Produce antenna viewing angle, sun and lunar eclipse reports
- Predict sensor intrusions
- Perform maneuver modeling, planning, execution, and verification
- Interface with Air Force customer, space vehicle factory support, Aerospace Corp. and others.
- Coordinate with operations personnel on issues related to orbit determination and ephemeris generation, orbital position uncertainty estimates, collision prediction and maneuver design
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
- 10 years or more experience in one or more of the following: orbit determination/orbit prediction, maneuver modeling, planning, formation flying assessment
- Knowledge of flight dynamics software, thruster modeling, and satellite attitude control systems
- Ability to create and follow standard processes, and document results
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multi-tasking
- Knowledge and ability to adjust analytical processes to address unique situations/events
- Ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing mission requirements
- Professionalism, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance to be considered
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in satellite operations or mission engineering support
- Knowledge of satellite ground control systems, Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN)
- Development of in-house software tools and processes and practices to reduce operator workload. Experience with coding languages such as Matlab, Perl, VBScript, VBA Scripting.
- Experience providing analyst or engineering support on one or more satellite subsystems
- 15 or more years’ experience in satellite operations and orbital analysis
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.