Clinical Supervision provided!
Full - time position with flexible hours (1st and 2nd shift).
Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, Inc. has a strong and diverse team of licensed and unlicensed therapists dedicated to being a part of helping people and families heal and overcome from struggles. The ability to meet with families in their homes allows us to meet clients “where they are at.” With this approach, family dynamics are presented in an authentic manner allowing the therapist to more quickly establish and develop engagement aiding the therapeutic process. The in-home therapist will provide family counseling/therapy services for designated families through direct client contact and collaboration with community-based resources. Travel is required.
The Unlicensed Therapist performs clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorders. The Unlicensed Therapist works closely with the client and family, if applicable; to develop an appropriate treatment plan designed to move the client toward the desired change. The Unlicensed Therapist works collaboratively with a peer supervision team, with oversight from the Clinical Supervisors, to monitor the course of treatment. The Unlicensed Therapist reports to the Program Supervisor or Manager.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related program is required. Practicum experience, through your degree program, related to services LSS provides is required. Eligibility for training license by meeting criteria set for by WI Department of Safety and Professional Services. Some positions may require Substance Abuse Certification as well. In addition:
• Knowledge of state regulations pertaining to clinical practice, including dual relationships and mandatory reporting.
• Knowledge of behavioral health diagnosis and evidence-based treatments.
• Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral health conditions.
• Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected mental health and behavioral conditions.
• Ability to respond to brief patient contacts, including via telephone and teleconferencing.
• Ability to design effective psycho-education and group curricula and lead effective classes and groups.
• Ability to work effectively in a team, interfacing with clients, primary care providers, collaterals, and colleagues, as well as administrative and support staff.
• Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations, making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner.
• Ability to effectively represent company interests in the community and maintain effective working relationships among colleagues, public, private, and professional groups.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• High level of comfort in working with primary care medical providers using a consultative style.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must have or be eligible to receive state licensure “in training” as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Professional Counselor as applicable.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 50%, depending on program needs. Some overnight travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.