Lutheran Social Services is currently looking for a FT Driver for our Veterans Housing & Recovery Program location in Green Bay WI. Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor this role will:
• Transport individuals to/from the program during program hours and to specific program activities and appointments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Drives individuals to and from pre-determined locations.
• Interacts with individuals, caregivers, and program staff.
• Travel to and enter homes of correctional clients (primary FBOP) to assure compliance with requirements, so that client may have home visits and/or be discharged to home. This includes:
o Visual check of home for basic safety
o Interaction with family member(s) to assure they understand requirements
o Visual check that there are no weapons in home, no signs of active drug use or manufacturing
o Confirm that there is a landline phone in working condition
o Once client returns home, may check to assure that client is at home per schedule, safe, and following rules of home confinement.
• Drive to and enter client’s place of employment to make a visual check that the client is at work during stated hours
• May have brief discussion with employer regarding requirements of the client, request that program be contacted if the client misses a shift, leaves early from a shift, comes in late, or quits/is fired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or GED equivalency is preferred. Knowledge of traffic laws, proper driver safety techniques and defensive driving is required. Previous related experience is preferred, but may be required based on contract requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Daily travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.