The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for marketing products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; tracking sales data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and trade shows; maintaining databases; preparing reports. The Marketing Coordinator will work to assist our sales team in their support of customers, implementing tactical initiatives as outlined in the annual marketing plans.
This position will report to the Marketing Manager and is best suited for someone with 2-5 years of experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts; preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating calendars.
- Tracks product line sales and costs by analyzing and entering sales, expense, and new business data.
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Supports sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Plans meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist VP of Sales and Marketing in the execution of divisional marketing plans, specifically in the areas of: print and email marketing, social media, and brand development.
- Actively participate in group collaboration for new initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate all logistics associated with trade-shows, conferences and sponsored events.
- Assist in the development of creative briefs and work with the design team in the execution of creative deliverables.
- Create, Maintain and Analyze Google Analytics, Search Ads, etc.
- Prepares materials for sales presentations, conferences, events, customer surveys, etc.
- Obtains quotes and liaises with vendors for various marketing projects.
- Assist in the maintenance of website content.
- Manage the media buying process for the department's advertising plan.
- Prepare regular progress reports and status updates for assigned tasks & initiatives.
- Lead and assist with special projects as required.
- Support Marketing Manager with other projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in Marketing or related degree
- 2-5 years of experience in business analyst or marketing analyst capacity
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Publisher, Access, PowerPoint, Excel) including Pivot Tables
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence reporting systems and CRM or related systems
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to exceptional copy writing and copy editing
- Solid business acumen and project management skills
- Strong organizational skills (prioritizing, time management, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment and physical working characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- This position requires the ability to operate conventional office equipment such as laptop or desktop computers, fax, phone, copiers, printers, and binding machines.
- Requires ability to see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients.
- Essential and marginal functions may require frequent sitting, walking or occasional standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching of items weighing as much at 25 pounds; near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels.
- Must have the ability to walk/stand throughout the day
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals in the truck shop environment
- The work is performed in both office and shop environments
- Travel to various work sites and remote locations is required.
- Does not supervise any direct reports.