Job SummaryWe currently have an opportunity for a field based Medical Science Liaison on our Biosimilars team who will cultivate and maintain relationships with researchers and other thought leaders and provide scientific support for Company products to a broad range of audiences.
This position will cover the Midwest and we prefer the candidate be driving distance to Chicago (e.g. Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Detroit, St Louis).Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains healthcare professional relationships with physicians and other clinicians to provide scientific exchange per predefined targets and objectives and to ensure the safe and effective use of Company products.
- Prepares and regularly updates educational materials and presentations to support scientific exchange externally related to Company products.
- Respond appropriately and timely to unsolicited requests for off label product information in accordance with regulatory guidelines and Company policies.
- Provide appropriate medical and scientific support to healthcare professionals and investigators for publications and clinical trials related to Company products in support of data generation and development of deeper medical and scientific understanding. Collaborates with Global Medical, Clinical, & Regulatory Affairs in the management of USA based clinical trials, both internal and external.
- Evaluate clinical proposals of Investigator Initiated Trials for Company sponsorship in accordance with preestablished medical objectives and strategies, regulatory guidance and Company policies.
- Provides training as required to internal company personnel.
- Collaborate with Global Vigilance Department and Global Quality & Compliance Department with respect to product adverse events and complaints per company procedures.
- Advanced degree in a clinical or scientific discipline required (Ph.D, MD, PharmD, MS, RN).
- 5+ years clinical experience, including experience working as an MSL; pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Experience working with specialty pharmaceuticals with biological therapies and /or biosimilars is preferred.
- Knowledge of Immunology/Inflammation and/or Oncology is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting and writing scientific documents.
- Excellent presentation skills; capacity to translate complex clinical information in concise verbal description.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical product development and clinical trial design processes.
- Knowledge of US Healthcare system including reimbursement and access to pharmaceutical therapies.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, legal and compliance standards.
- 60% - 70% travel, including overnight stays; valid driver's license and clean driving record.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, disability, 401K with company match, and wellness program.
Fresenius Kabi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disabilities, or protected veteran status.