Huntington Ingalls Industries is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of User Interface (UI) for web-based applications. UI developer will implement requirements/features as provided by business analysts and will be responsible for providing consistent, efficient, and effective screens, reports, etc. for use by a variety of users, including Ships Force (Sailors). This positon is located at the Philadelphia Navy Yard in Philadelphia, PA.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
5 years relevant experience with Bachelors; 3 years relevant experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
The selected candidate must have the following to qualify for this position:
• Prior experience with User Interface (UI) design for web-based applications
• Strong design aptitude with the ability to generate prototypes using Balsamiq, etc. and generate associated Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Proficient in HTML5 CSS2/CSS3
• Prior experience with both responsive and adaptive web design
• Demonstrative Portfolio desired
• Experience with software configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Subvesion, etc.)
• Experience writing User’s Guides and/or providing technical documentation
• Experience with Angular 2+/Typescript
• Background in finance a plus
• Technical background a plus
• Degree in related field a plus but not required (Certificate or proven experience acceptable)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.