Certara Company Overview: Regulatory and Communications Strategy, Science, and Solutions
As an integral member of our Commercial business development team, your work as Director of Business Development will involve identifying and building relationships with key decision makers both internally and externally. In this role, you will engage with potential customers to illustrate the competitive advantage that Synchrogenix brings through its regulatory strategy consulting, strategic cross-functional guidance and comprehensive implementation, submission leadership, services, and technology enabled services. The Director of Business Development is able to represent the entire range of Synchrogenix solutions within consumer products industry to companies of all sizes. This is a highly consultative role requiring the Director of Business Development to uncover customer needs through a deep understanding of their corporate, program-specific, and personal goals and design a customizable solution. The Director of Business Development will develop the appropriate strategy for discovering new business opportunities, inform proposal creation, and work as a member of the larger Business Development and Marketing team. The ideal candidate has a passion for excellence, is solution-oriented, a creative problem solver, and has a tenacious desire to close deals.
New Prospect Relationship Building and Opportunity Development
* Establishes productive, professional relationships with key decision-making personnel in the assigned prospect organizations.
* Informs proposal and price quotation development efforts that best address the prospect's needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary Synchrogenix personnel. Delivers and negotiates proposals and other legal agreements required to achieve sales targets while maintaining appropriate margin levels for each opportunity.
* Presents new solutions and professional service options to prospects by identifying best-fit opportunities for Synchrogenix solutions and Professional Service offerings against the prospect's Need-to-Buy, and by developing strategies to communicate an appropriate, compelling message to the prospect.
* Coordinates the seamless transition of newly contracted and existing accounts to the Professional Services Implementation teams respectively.
* Assesses, clarifies, and validates assigned prospects' needs on an ongoing basis.
* Informs the team as to progress against annual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical sales plan milestones.
* Coordinates the involvement of Synchrogenix personnel, including Regulatory Services, Proposals and Contracts, and other Subject Matter Experts, and management resources, in order to meet sales performance objectives and prospects' expectations.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Achieves assigned sales quota and qualitative goals.
* Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
* Achieves new prospect sales growth objectives defined by company management.
* Completes sales development plans that meet company standards.
* Ensures proper record keeping using available sales tools and Salesforce CRM systems.
* Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
* Be located within the Northeast US, with a preference for Wilmington, DE; Philadelphia, PA, Richmond, VA, Raleigh, NC, or home based in USA
* Be fluent in English.
* Minimum 5-7 years of consultative business development experience in the regulated nicotine/e-cigarettes or tobacco industry
* Prior track record of achievement in consultative business development role in the regulated nicotine/e-cigarettes or tobacco industry.
* PC proficiency.
* All prospective employees must pass a background check.
* Four-year college degree from an accredited institution. Advanced degree preferred.
* This position may require frequent travel.
* Candidates must have a valid driver's license.
Synchrogenix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Synchrogenix makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees and applicants. Synchrogenix only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and achievement.