Syngentais a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringingplant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countrieswork together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing morefood with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplaceenvironment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative andtrusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of ourcustomers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Nomatter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding theworld and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future ofagriculture.
Throughleading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge offeeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currentlyseeking a Product Placement Scientist (PPS) to support the South EasternCorn Belt of the US. As a Product Placement Scientist, you will identify,characterize, and position new corn products in the market. The PPS role is the technical expert for latestage R&D product evaluation and training stakeholders on the new additionsto the Syngenta portfolio. You will helpmeet the world's most pressing needs by implementing the product selection process fortarget markets as a member of the Product Selection Team.
- Recommend and promoteproducts across late stages of development in support of the Product PromotionCommittee (PPC) process that builds the commercial portfolio.
- Coordinatelate stage trialing protocol including trial entry selection and design
- Consider placement ofadvanced stage trials internally and externally (if applicable) that align totarget markets environments.
- Coordinate and evaluatefield and lab phenotypic note collection on product selection trials.
- Collect, examine, andsummarize high quality data for promotion considerations.
- Deliver technical dataand marketing information to the Product Management team including Agronomicratings and performance information relative to the commercial portfolio /industry, headline and bullet statements highlighting the features / benefits,and detailed product positioning information.
- Engage with thecommercial business to provide expertise to support new product launches and to ensure proper productplacement.
- Contributeto the training of the local sales teams
- Engage in meetings andfield days with key customers to represent Syngenta products and Seeds ProductDevelopment.
- Supportdelivery of germplasm across the stage plan by working closely with BreedingProject teams to promote products from early to advanced stage testing aligned withTarget Product Profiles.
- Review product andtechnology needs to provide direction on early pipeline support and provideperformance data and information from late stage through commercial to improvenew breeding starts.
- Support TraitIntrogression and Delivery aligned with business needs across late stages and identify/ prioritize materials to be converted.
- Engage in crossfunctional teams to develop models to leverage data science to deliver newinsights through high throughput technologies and clearly convey data needswith other data scientist and software programmers
- Provideinsight through machine learning, data mining and predictive scientifictechniques.
- Bachelor'sDegree in Plant Breeding or related field
- Minimumof 2 years of experience in plant breeding in either a commercial or academicsetting
- Background in two or more of the following areas:plant breeding, statistics, plant biology/pathology/botany, agronomy, markerassisted breeding techniques, data science.
- In-depthknowledge of quantitative genetics, statistics and field design, plant biology,agronomy data science techniques for big data.
- Project management in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to generate reports/charts/summary tables tocommunicate results and progress
- Abilityto mentor and motivate others to high performance
- Excellentcomputer skills and proficiency with MS Office and corporate software.
- Abilityto effectively organize, manage and assign workload of multiple tasks in orderto meet project goals and deadlines
- Adjustworkload plans and resource allocations based on new direction in a changingenvironment
- Abilityto manage resources to achieve targets while remaining within the budget
- PhD in Plant Breeding is preferred
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package(Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with companymatch, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays,Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, CorporateDiscounts among others
- A culture that promoteswork/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-orientedevents throughout the year
Syngentais an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment,hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons ofrace, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Familyand Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
EqualEmployment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
EmployeePolygraph Protection Act (EPPA)