|Working Title||Accountant 3|
NOTE: The For Best Consideration Date has been extended to 05/08/2020.
The UNMSchool of Medicine (SOM) Office for Graduate Medical Education (GME) iscurrently seeking an experienced and energetic professional interested injoining a diverse and complex department as an Accountant III. The ideal teammember will be a highly motivated, detail-oriented, results-driven professionalwith leadership skills to coordinate financial goals and fiscal work withpersonnel across multiple departments and locations. The Accountant III is partof the GME leadership team and participates in all aspects of supporting the missionand goals of GME and UNM and plays an active role in working and collaboratingwithin the SOM Administration and Finance Divisions. This individual will beresponsible for the following duties:
- Oversight of daily GME fiscal processing and accounting for revenue and expenditures ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with university, UNMH, local, state, ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) and federal requirements and regulations.Fiscal processing includes resident billing and accounts receivable management for over 650 residents/fellows for work provided to UNMH and other outside medical facilities; resident/fellow payroll activity and coding; resident/fellow insurance coverage payments/reconciliations and general ledger balancing, processing Banner journal entries and Salary/Budget/Projection entries.
- Primary Banner EPAF and PHAREDS approver for resident/fellow labor distributions and coding.Also, primary NSP approver for resident/fellow non-standard payments submitted by SOM clinical departments for resident/fellow moonlighting activity.Approves PCard reports ensuring special exceptions, purchase requisitions, vendor payments, and journal entries submitted by other fiscal personnel within the organization.
- Performs advanced accounting functions in the form of tracking, interpreting, and analyzing financial reporting, forecasting, and development of complex reports and analyses for strategic GME leadership decisions and other medical facility reporting requirements.
- Participates in development of GME budgets and monitors, maintains, and reconciles budgeted operating revenues and expenses GME accounts.
- Supervise Accountant 2 and Fiscal Services Tech to process all fiscal activity and resident/fellow HR fiscal activity for over 650 residents/fellows on a yearly basis including resident/fellow hiring and yearly payroll set up/processing; processing of vendor payments/approvals; journal entry approvals; and primary PCard approvals for GME.
- Will assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of GME to ensure effective and accurate fiscal operations of the unit. The policies/procedures will include the following GME processes:
- Resident/Fellow separation/hiring (180 separated/hired yearly) to create efficiencies and ensure compliance with hiring regulations.
- Work with Operations Manager on training verifications and contract requests, and the creation, processing, and implementation of affiliate agreements for multiple outside institutions.
- Work with Operations Manager on department coordinator training/standardization for resident/fellow scheduling/billing to ensure compliance with each appropriate affiliate agreement, ACGME regulations, and Medicare regulations/requirements.
- Will lead new resident/fellow scheduling/billing software implementation. Define/implement new required processes and procedures for software use/billing including development, testing, training and implementation of improved resident billing procedures ensuring process improvements including consistent data submission, accurate billing calculations, complete resident/fellow rotation/billing documentation, and compliant/auditable processes and procedures for resident/fellow billing and reporting.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Senior Associate Dean, Sr. Program Manager, and Operations Manager to discuss the status of updating current processes/procedures, provide fiscal assistance, advice, and review/approve as appropriate.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree and successful completion of at least 15 credit hours of university-level accounting through intermediate accounting; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines coordinating with other personnel and departments.
- Experience leading a financial team including fiscal policy oversite, and growth and development of financial staff.
- Maintaining financial records and preparing clear and accurate complex reports for informational, auditing and operational use.
- Extensive knowledge and application of professional accounting principles, concepts, and techniques within a University environment.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate level (or higher) experience utilizing Excel formulas and functions for management and reporting of financial data.
- Experience working with UNM accounting, budgeting, and purchasing systems including Chrome River (PCard), Loboweb Purchasing, Banner Time Entry and Approvals, Banner Finance, Salary and Budget Planner, Projections, and Categorization of Reserves.
|Additional Requirements||Official transcripts, HS Diploma, Completed Degree, will be required if considered a final candidate for hire.Occasional weekend hours during critical budgeting and year-end deadlines.|
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Graduate Medical Education 5 (400A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||5/8/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, to submit an application.Please attach 1) a cover letter and 2) updated resume. Your cover letter (up to 500 words) should address each of the preferred qualifications listed on the job-posting summary.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.