Remote, Other, USA
Position Summary: This is a remote/home office position
The Systems Engineer will deliver and implement a wide range of technology solutions to clients. This position will also provide client support and work closely with the Mainline Account Executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Mainline Account Executives and clientele for pre and post sale activities. Perform system-engineering functions with respect to the development of system concepts, architecture, design, and requirements at the system, software, services, and hardware levels. Oversee all phases of system development from concept design, requirement development, integration, and installation. Participate in the development of proposals and presentations to management and clients. Work with client and Mainline Marketing to assure solution meets the client's business objective.
- Hands on skill in the areas of performance, system sizing, and configuration development and project management are highly desirable. The skill and ability to integrate server, software and storage solutions is a significant area of value and focus for Mainline.
- While not required, the ability to perform billable work is a definite an advantage.
- Professional certifications are an ongoing requirement with several listed below. In all cases comparable certifications on competitor's products are considered to be equivalent to the IBM and HP certifications.
Education and/or Experience
- BA or BS degree or equivalent is required.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years experience in client facing environments with effective presentation skills.
- Skills should include understanding of Virtualization environments that encompasses Cloud Computing strategies to assist clients with faster time to market strategies for their product and services to their customers.
- Candidates should possess strong working knowledge of IBM/HP products, including but not limited to x86, Power Systems, Storage, and Networking.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Physical environmental factors of this position include those found in typical business office environment or home office environment.
- Requires use of general office equipment and personal computer equipment.
- Ability to travel. Various means of travel may be required, including auto and air travel. This position requires travel:Occasionally
- May be required to work irregular schedules including but not limited to as applicable: Nights, weekends, holidays, on-call, and/or overtime.
Mainline Information Systems recommends, designs, and supports IT solutions that help businesses increase their effectiveness. Our US-based team of over 400 sales and technical professionals hold over 1000 vendor and industry certifications, and we have earned multiple industry awards and accolades, including the CRN Tech Elite 250. Mainline partners with the top IT manufacturers and solution providers to deliver best of breed IT solutions to our customers. With over 28 years of helping customers solve their business needs, we continue to seek and retain the best people.