Under the general direction of the Director, DevOps, Sr Software Engineer is responsible for software development on new and existing products. This position is responsible for creating new project requirements based on information provided by the product team, creating the software, and ensuring the quality of the product.
Collaborate with a team to create thoughtful, efficient development to meet the needs of our internal and external projects.
Work closely with a project manager to guide project development, including documentation of features, recording of progress, and creation of the testing plan.
Become an expert and advise on client requests, features, best practices, project scopes, and budgets.
Contribute to the growth of the company by advancing personal skills, working with the development team to improve the codebase, and seeking opportunities to improve the company's tools and processes.
Requires training in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree Program. Normally requires a minimum of three (3) years related and progressively responsible experience.
* Demonstrated programming skills.
* Development experience with C# .NET, ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI, and WCF.
* Experience with cloud computing providers such as Windows Azure or AWS.
* Epic experience is a plus.
* Understanding of HIT standards, such as NCPDP, HL7, X12 etc.
* Experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: user interface design, software and systems architecture, and security.
* Ability to communicate strategies and technical information, both orally and in writing, in a manner that establishes understanding for technical audiences.
* Excellent analytical skills relative to data analysis, data auditing, and data testing - proven familiarity and comfort understanding/utilizing spreadsheets and databases.
* Analytical skills required to understand customer and operational processes.
* Proven ability to uncover and interpret stated requirements to develop deep understanding necessary to recommend an optimal technical solution.
* Strong written and verbal communication and time management skills.
* The ability to work well within both a large development team and individual project teams.
* Strong client service approach and attitude, with the ability to creatively meet client needs.
* Detail-oriented focus on completion of development work within budget and timelines.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Organization: Provider Solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran