Analyze and evaluate all information provided within a loan file for compliance with applicable investor guidelines, regulations, and bank policies as well as coordinating with the originator, underwriter, and closer to get the loan to the closing table.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Validate and analyze income documentation.
2. Validate and analyze asset documentation provided.
3. Perform initial appraisal review.
4. Validate ratio related debts.
5. Analyze credit report for accuracy. Request updates and clarifications as needed.
6. Run Automated Underwriting System (AUS) engines as needed and ensure supporting documentation required by the Automated Underwriting System (AUS) findings and the investor requirements are met prior to submitting the file to underwriting.
7. Review flood determination and take required action.
8 Collect appropriate documentation to clear applicable conditions set by the underwriter.
9. Complete required work to prepare the loan file for the closer.
Education – High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience – Over three (3) through five (5) years of mortgage processing or related experience.
Other – Experience with government and/or conventional loan processing.