Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one - your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
What will you do at Ciena?
As a member of the Ciena Strategic Solution Sales team,the candidatewill manage and lead sales plans for strategic accounts that are focused on delivering comprehensive packet networking solutions focused on expanding existing opportunities and acquiring new customers to drive revenue growth. Position requires strong account strategy, packet & IP networking solution sales background. Highly motivated, strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle many competing priorities within customer accounts. Strong focus on winning new business and expanding opportunities in existing accounts across Ciena's North American region for Packet Networking solutions.
Location for this hire is Philadelphia or New Jersey.
- Responsible for developing strong customer relationships that negate competitive infiltration into accounts.
- Establish trusted relationships with key customers and account teams.
- Identify & Drive new business initiatives that increase Ciena's market share and drive long-term growth for the Packet Networking portfolio.
- Build and implement account / territory plans that best positions Ciena to maximize its revenue streams and margins in accordance with company expectations.
- Maintain industry knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams to build winning sales, engineering and marketing strategies.
- Identify & Develop packet solution sets which influence and/or support customer business strategies.
- Serve as a technical leader for packet technologies providing technical guidance to the account / territory sales teams to achieve business objectives.
- Lead in the preparation of quotes, RFX's and forecasts, assisting in the development of pricing strategies and incentives to win business.
- Identify new addressable markets and/or vertical market segments.
- Identify & Consolidate feature requests for strategic sales packet networking projects/opportunities, providing input on prioritization and providing feedback to product and development organizations. Follow-up to these innovations from development through implementation to create measurable positive impact on overall company progress/success.
- Travel a significant amount of time in the U.S. & Canada to engage and build account team and customer relationships and execute on new business initiatives.
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Collaborate with direct account teams in order to align packet initiatives to substantially increase packet relevance in the region or account; while also providing advice to help focus the sales efforts in the opportunities with highest success probabilities based on technical analysis of customer's requirements and business goals.
- Collaborate, partner and leverage all stakeholders including Sales and Systems Engineering, Global Alliances, Marketing, and Global Product Group (Packet Networking and Services PLM) to drive long-term revenue growth for packet solutions.
- Self-starter, capable or owning' areas of responsibility and involving senior management for necessary issues. Results oriented, confident, motivated with honesty / integrity / ethics.
- Excellent presentation skills. Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written) when interacting with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Strong business and technical acumen.
- Strong problem solving and organization skills. Creative and innovative approach to complex sales and deal structure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle many competing priorities.
- Requires 50% US and Canada travel.
- Ability to build and maintain executive relationships internally and externally.
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical/Trust, motivated, good communicator verbal and written, sense of humor, confidence, results oriented.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant years of experience.
- Greater than 4 years of sales, sales engineering, customer facing experience, preferably within the networking vendor industry with packet networking & IP networking experience.
- Proven success and strong track record of winning packet networking sales.
- Experience with / Clear understanding of Tier 1 & Tier II carrier business drivers, objectives and strategies.
- Experience / Understanding of Salesforce.com for opportunity management and forecast reporting.
- Knowledge of SDN, NFV, Packet Network, Optical Networking, Data Center Interconnect, Wireless Networking and emerging technologies.
*LI-CNAboutCienaCienais a network strategy and technology companywith apassion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome.We attract the best and brightest- those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering theirpassion and purpose. We trusteach individualto do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world.With Ciena's highly innovative, forward-thinking businesspractices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries.Unlock your potential at Ciena!Being You @ CienaAs part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual's strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.Cienais also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measuresrequiredforyou to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.