|Electronics Security Superintendent 2 - San Jose, CA|
Location: San Jose, CA
Req. Number: 4824
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Manage security installation projects, typically involving 5 to 10 persons with values ranging from a few hundred thousand dollars to over a million dollars
- Confer with senior management, supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
- Schedule the project in logical steps in order to budget enough time required to meet deadlines
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to project sites
- Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Direct and supervise workers including delegating responsibilities to Superintendent I, Foremen and Technicians, and mentoring Technicians II and III in order to prepare them for promotion to the next career level
- Monitor project budgets in order to ensure positive cash flow and to maintain profitability
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Evaluate Foremen and technicians
- Interface with engineering team to ensure design efficiency
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Read blue prints, schematics and statements of work (SOW)
- Ensure PITCO build outs adhere to statements of work (SOW)
- Coordinate with field personnel and/or engineering team to discuss any potential installation issues
- Suggest process improvements / cost saving measures
- Plan equipment and material needs to ensure on-time delivery
- Plan material location and storage to enhance project productivity
- Plan and obtain permits, badges and access requests in advance
- Plan and maintain manpower forecasts in relation to budget and schedule
- Plan and actively track work to ensure compliance with project schedule and budget
- Assist technicians with installation work as needed to maintain project schedule and budget
- Maintain organized and detailed project records (Daily Work Tickets, etc.)
- Provide Program Manager/Installation Manager with weekly project status and schedule updates
- Interface with customers to address project status and/or customer concerns
- High School Diploma with 12-14 Years of Experience, or Associate's Degree with 10-12 Years of Experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 7-9 Years of Experience
- At least seven years of progressive experience in installation, integration, and testing of electronic security projects valued at more than $500k
- Experience in the Security Industry
- At least two years experience managing security projects as a Project Manager, Superintendent, or Project Foreman
- Experience installing conduit and wiring systems
- Experience with head end programming and testing of Access Control and Video Management Systems
- Common knowledge of basic Network Infrastructure
- Experience working with management systems such as scheduling, job cost reports, estimating, safety, documentation requirements, and quality control.
- Experience overseeing and approving monthly job cost updates, productivity reports, and quarterly cash flow projections
- Proficiency in the Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling method
- Must have a history of completing projects under the estimated hours
- Requires reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional nights and weekends
- Requires extensive travel and valid passport
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
- Certification in CCure 9000 Access Control System
- Certification in DVTel Digital Video Systems
- Graduate from a certified Apprenticeship Program
- CPR and First Aid
- Common knowledge of Biometric Systems
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled