As a Subject Matter Expert in a space-related field, analyzes actual and predictable interacting operational activities of complex military systems to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision-making. Utilizes complex modeling and simulation and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques, and other principles and laws of scientific disciplines.
- Provide integral support in the requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, verification and validation, and documentation of modeling and simulation based decision support system applications.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of modeling and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques, and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines in determining solutions.
- Participate in testing and implementation and recommends solutions to problems identified.
- Much of this effort particularly consists of the use of the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) suite of tools, which is a mission level modeling environment.
- AFSIM is open government rights and distributable throughout DoD.
- AFSIM provides the environment to develop both constructive and virtual simulations.
- Part of this work includes development/incorporation of space capabilities into the AFSIM engine and collective through code, libraries, plugins, or script functions.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, operations research or a related field plus 10 or more years of related operations research experience. Education and work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility is required on first day of employment.
Operations Research analysts must have expertise in:
- Data analysis
- Presentation, Trends, Sensitivity Analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Probability Distributions, Confidence, Hypothesis Testing, ANOVA, regression
- Linear, Non-Linear, Discrete, Networks, Assignment Problems, DOE, CONOPS
- Spreadsheet, Mathematical, Queuing, Computer Models, Combat Modeling
- Decision making
- Decision trees, Bayesian networks, Game Theory, War-gaming
- Search theory and detection
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info