The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That's something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It's who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.The Opportunity
The Laboratory Specialist is the front-line resource responsible for providing technical and sales support to Clinical Laboratory (CL), Transfusion Medicine (TM), and Automation sales within a geographic territory or list of named accounts. Responsible for driving solution implementation, providing both proactive and reactive customer support, optimizing customer laboratory configuration, and contributing to ultimate retention and menu expansion of current customers by teaming with Customer Experience Managers (CEMs) and Health System Executives (HSEs), as applicable. This is a remote position covering the eastern PA territory.The Responsibilities
- Customer Retention: Maximize customer retention rates by ensuring customer satisfaction, executing pre-defined customer touch point/call plan, leading customer training (on-site, as needed), anticipating and defending against competitive threats, and leveraging strategic selling framework
- Menu Expansion: Proactively team with CEM & HSE to identify and close menu expansion opportunities
- Strategic Planning: Team with CEM & HSE to align on and execute strategic plans that prioritize, retain, and expand current CL and TM accounts.
- Product Implementation (Test of Record): Drive efficient implementation of new products through deep product knowledge and execution of optimal, standardized Ortho processes; crossed trained in CL, Automation and TM
- Customer Support: Participate in troubleshooting and re-training to address customer issues, as necessary; work with internal Ortho resources and customer to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Consulting and Troubleshooting: Optimize customer laboratory configuration and operation through proactive consulting and troubleshooting customer touch points;
- Cross-Team Coordination: Collaborate with CEM to retain and expand menu; teams with HSEs to execute HSE-led IDN strategy, as applicable
- Forecasting and Reporting: Provide timely and accurate updates on lab activity, account updates, and other reports via CRM system; collaborate with Marketing to identify opportunities for equipment placement in CRM environment
- Meet overall territory revenue goal
- Meet product-specific revenue goals
- Meet instrumentation goals in-line with AOP language
- Retain current accounts and maintain existing spend levels
- Meet menu expansion goals
- Achieve or maintain implementation timelines
- Drive customer satisfaction
Key Points of Interaction:
- Customer Experience Manager to strategically plan and conduct sales calls
- Health System Executive regarding any HSE-led IDN-related opportunities
- CL/TM Area Technical Specialist to escalate complex implementations and service issues
- Commercial Operations to ensure timely and accurate forecasting and reporting, and support of enablement initiatives
- National Technical Director & Technical Excellence Manager to share and align on technical best practice, standards, and operational efficiency opportunities
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with the Medical Technology certification, or equivalent experience.
- Clinical Background: Minimum of 2 years of related experience in a clinical laboratory, transfusion medicine, or equivalent experience.
- Industry/Domain Knowledge: Solid Clinical Chemistry market knowledge for the purpose of understanding market forces impacting the business.
- Independent Worker: Ability to deliver results while working in a highly independent and fast-paced team environment
- Business Acumen: Proficient at uncovering key business issues and providing insightful, actionable recommendations for improvement
- Communication: Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Travel: Overnight travel of 50-75% will be required, depending up on workflow.
- Must have a valid US driver's license in good standing.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
In addition to submitting your resume and completing theapplication, please click on the following linkto complete a short questionnaire which will tell us a bit more about you:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at
Pay Transfer Notice
"At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law."